xv

on mutual agreement, jungkook and i decided to out for dinner. yoongi and nya came over to help me. "help" me. they were sitting on the couch eating leftovers from last night. to clarify, when jungkook and i were discussing our date, we had to leave a day gap. with that meaning, we could've had our date yesterday but we didn't.

"you guys need to leave soon." i yelled out to the two food raiders. they groaned back at me in response. i made sure i had everything before going into the living room. yoongi and nya were packing the chips to take with them. "really?" i groaned. nya lifted a finger at me, "i came here for a good time, not a short time." i rolled my eyes. "i needed help with a date."

"oh, you decided it's a date?" yoongi asked. nya hummed in agreeance, "when did you decide to label it as a 'date'?" i couldn't help but laugh at how protective they were about this. "yoongi, you told me to go on a date with him."

"I DIDN'T SAY A DATE." he clarified. 

"you said i could call it that."

he mumbled an "aigoo..." under his breath. nya went out the door first, and then yoongi. i was last because i had to lock the door. yoongi and i waved bye to nya as she entered her car and went to wherever it was she went. that left yoongi and i to go to his car and head to the apartment he shared with the six other guys.

once we had settled in the car and entered the main road, yoongi started telling me to text him if anything felt wrong or if i felt unsafe. he went as far as to give me pepper spray because "you could never be too careful." i laughed when he said that. he ended with a compliment to wrap up his lecture to me. afterwards, we put music on to drain my nerves.

yoongi pulled into the driveway and we headed inside the apartment home. all the guys, except jungkook were in the living room. when yoongi and i had entered, they all turned around and oo'd. i was wearing a light pink gypsy off-shoulder dress with short sleeves and an elastic waist to show my figure. 

"nuna, you're so beautiful. i'm so jealous of kookie!"

"astonishing. absolutely astonishing."

"if things don't work out between you guys, i'll date you."

i laughed at jin's comment and thanked all of them. jungkook's voice was heard after the noise in the living room had died down. "guys, i can't find my -- woah." he looked handsome. he wore a white button up and black dress pants, and his hair was parted to the side. the guys were snickering behind me. 

"i guess i should wear a pink tie?" jungkook commented. i laughed and shrugged. "no need to do that," yoongi bugged into jungkook's stare, "just wear your black tie and go." he started pushing jungkook back to his room, leaving me with the other five now.

"so, where are you guys going and for how long?" jin asked me. now that i think about it, jungkook and i never decided where to eat for dinner. we did agree on going to dinner as a date. i shrugged my shoulders and gave a nervous smile. "how do you not know?" taehyung asked.

i scolded him, "yah, leave me be. we felt pressured enough at the time. we'll figure it out." this lead to taehyung putting his hands up in defense and looking in the other direction like he was innocent. "there's an outback somewhere around here." jin pointed out. i was very interested in outback. i smiled happy at the thought, "there is? maybe i'll ask kookie to go."

yoongi cleared his throat. all of our attention went to his direction, where he stood with jungkook -- who now had a tie. "now leave. go have fun," yoongi came closer to me and whispered the last part of his sentence, " and contact me if anything happens. OKAY BYEE." the door was shut on us. "do you have everything?" i asked jungkook. he patted down his pockets and nodded, "yeah."

i smiled, "then let's go out on a date."

----

"so... jin actually told you to come here?" jungkook was behind the menu. we were both behind a menu. i put my menu down and nodded my head, he lowered his menu a little to see me. i couldn't tell if he was smiling behind the menu or not, but his eyes looked like it. i smiled at the thought. "what are you getting?" he asked me. "steak."

"that sounds yummy."

"it is yummy."

"but do i want steak?" he put his menu down and rubbed his chin. i cut a pierce of the bread at the table and ate it, shrugging at jungkook. the waitress came by with our drinks and smiled at the both of us, "here you go. are you guys ready to order?" jungkook nodded. she looked over at me, "what can i get you?" "i'll have a ribeye steak please." she nodded as she jot down my order, along with my sides. she turned her attention to jungkook, "i'll have have the pork porterhouse please. oh yeah, and can we have bloomin' onion as an appetizer." the lady nodded her head and wrote that down, "anything else."

"no, that will be all, thank you." i told her, jungkook nodded. when she left i finally took a drink of my strawberry lemonade and smiled happily at jungkook. "it's so sweet. i love it." he took a sip of his coke. "mine is carbonated. i love it." he mimicked me. i threw my straw cover at him.

"when yoongi suggested the date... why?" i almost choked on a chopped strawberry. i did choke on a chopped strawberry. "i...," i took a deep breath, " to be honest, something about my answer felt wrong. yoongi kept joking that i liked you a lot, but i kept denying it, but whenever i thought about it it didn't seem like such a crazy idea. so when yoongi suggested the idea, i wasn't with it at first. i didn't like the idea... but after a while, it seemed like a really good idea... yoongi had to push me into it, though."

jungkook smiled, "i'm glad he did. thank you for sharing... you don't like me?"

"i do... i just don't know if that like is the kind where i want to date you."

jungkook nodded his head, smile still on his face, "but there's a chance, right?" that took me by surprise. there was a chance, right? a smile came on my face, "there is an absolute chance."

"that's all i needed to here."