xxiii

the memory of artworks and pieces flash through my mind like a time-lapse. jungkook and i even took some cute pictures with the art together because this middle-aged woman suggested to. she even offered to take our picture. it was in front of a painting with flowers. pink and white flowers. jungkook and i looked like we could've been a couple, and at that thought -- my face heat and i can't control a giggle.

"what's funny?" jungkook asked, mouth full of street food. we were in an alley where stores were everywhere, and so was street food. it wasn't too far from the museum where it was a long drive, but it was far enough that we shouldn't have walked to it. we took the car, and parked in one of the parking buildings near the area. "nothing," i answer, "just remembering a memory."

"care to share that memory?"

"eh, not really. it's not important."

he scoffs the best he could as he tries to eat another barbeque stick. i shake my head and open my mouth for him to feed me. he does. we could've eaten at one of the restaurants nearby, but street food was the best. it was also somewhat cheap, and you could get more if you wanted to. ajumma's didn't mind feeding you sometimes too. when we finish with the barbeque sticks (about four of them) we set off for a new vendor. we buy a two separate cups of eomuk tang, mine with four sticks and jungkook with seven. of course, mine is doused in soy sauce again. we go to sit at one of the benches.

we repeat the search for a new vendor when we finish the eomuk tang. i search around as i finish my last stick. upon the sight of a takoyaki vendor, i perk up and quickly tug on jungkook's arm. he was startled at first, but understood what i had meant the minute i pointed at the vendor. we walk over to it and look at the sizes for the yummy mayo and octopus balls. my mouth starts to water at the smell. we decided that a twenty-four balls would be enough for the both of us. i put my hands together in excitement and start bobbing my feet, too happy to sit still.

the man gave us our freshly made snack, along with some fork toothpicks, and we went off looking for another bench to eat on. i happily munched on the snack and couldn't help but express my love for how delicious they are. "oh they're so good!" i moan. i wasn't worried it sounded sexual, my mouth was full. jungkook laughed and mm'd at how delicious they were too. he gave me more of the balls since he was beginning to get full. i was too, but i wasn't going to give up having the last takoyaki balls.

finishing up, we put the plate in the trash and began our search for a store to go into. we went into the adidas store just because we could. we looked at the shoes and picked out the ones we wanted the most. then, we went to look at the shirts and pointed out which ones would look better on each other. nothing was bought, we left empty handed with our wallets still slightly full of cash. it wasn't like we were rich, anyways.

we went to three more stores before we went into one of the buildings that was actually a mall inside rather than just an individual store. on one of the floors, we found these very kawaii and aesthetic merchandises. we go inside, searching for something that we may both like. jungkook looks off at one side while i go the other. he comes back with a stuffed bunny, "do you like?" i feel the material and get ecstatic. "absolutely!" i nod my head vigorously. he nods his head and goes back off to wherever he went.

i keep searching for something when i spy these cute keychains. they came in a pack, one was a chocolate pocky stick and the other was a strawberry pocky stick. i pick it up and go on my mission to search for jungkook, who was looking at the arts section of the store. i show him the keychains, "you like?"

"i like."

"good. i was thinking you could have the chocolate half."

----

as we sit outside the gigantic shopping mall, jungkook scoots closer to me, "look what hoseok says." he shows me the screen.

hoebi: so we're having a party tomorrow because you two can't have all the action. goodnight come home safe. be protected.

i stifled a giggle at the last sentence, but left a neutral face on for when i looked up at jungkook. his facial expression was just as neutral as mine, but there was obviously a hint of confusion in it. "we don't have to help them set up, right?" i ask him, not really wanting to help set up a party i may or may not be forced into going. jungkook shrugged and looked down at his phone again.

hoebi: tae slapped me into telling you to invite people because he's a lonely fuck with no friends

"do you know people?" i ask jungkook who looks over at me offendedly. he scoffs, "do you know people?" i pinch his arm, feeling offended as well, and placing the keychain we got earlier onto my keychain. "you see this keychain? i'll jab you with it next time." i joke, leading jungkook to roll his eyes.

"jab me. it's a kink."

"seriously?"

"no. did you actually take me seriously?"

"i mean, i wasn't gonna judge."

jungkook pinched me, "you were judging when you asked!"

"was it that obvious"

"yes!" he shouts which causes me to laugh. i shake my head, "let's just hurry up and continue the date before the night ends too soon." he sighs, but agrees. not knowing what to do next, we get in the car. we don't go anywhere. we just sit there and we talk.

A/N: this was like, half a filler because halfway through writing i forgot what i wanted for this chapter and stopped. when i decided to make an alternative ending, i continued :) sorry this wasn't filling, but i'll make up for it.