xvii

i feel absolutely vulnerable to you.

his words left me in shock and unable to speak for a brief moment.

i feel absolutely vulnerable to you.

i reach out to him, but i can't bring myself to touch him. my hand resting on the pillow yet reached out to try and caress his cheek.

i feel absolutely vulnerable to you.

i'm still speechless, and i want to touch him, but everything about this moment feels unreal. i sit up, he follows. we're both sitting in bed. a shirtless jungkook, and an amor who's dress is slipping off from the top. i look at him who looks over to me, and it felt like the stars we're above us. watching us.

it was a moment like this i wished the stars could really see because the feeling in this room felt over the roof. "i..." my mouth was open, but no air came out after. jungkook brings a hand out for me to hold. i take it and look away.

i want to be back at the beach. i want it to feel a little less personal and more secretive, but it got a lot more personal and a little less secretive... i look back over to him. everything still felt unreal. he looked ethereal, and i felt like i could live forever staring into his eyes. i knew what i had to do. if i couldn't get the words out then i could do the action.

i move the blanket off me, little enough so it was still on but far enough where i could move. i think jungkook knows where i'm going with this because his hand reaches for my face -- same as i reach my hand to his. i'm kneeling on the bed, just to be able to angle my face next to his perfectly.

we stare at each other in the dark for a moment, and my heart beat starts to face faster when i can feel him slowly pull my face closer to his. eyes closing, i imagine what the touch would feel like. soft silk sheets. cotton candy. a flower petal.

but the moment didn't come. the ringing of a phone did.

we jumped away from each other, shocked at the noise. our attention turns to the desk where our phones were. mine was silent. jungkook's was the one lit up. he hurries to go get it and answer, "hello?... yes... we're fine... yoo--... we went to the beach after. thought it would've been fun. we lost track of time... hi, jin... yes, we're okay... i'll get you guys food to make up for it... we're fine," he touches my phone to reveal several text messages, "i see... yeah. we'll be back later on today." i turn to the clock on the nightstand. 2:15am. when the conversation continues, i lay down.

in a moment between awake and sleep, i feel jungkook say his goodbye and come back to bed. he sighs when he's settled down, and the last thing i remember is him holding onto my hand before i fall asleep.

----

"how was your little rendezvous?" nya asked me. jungkook had dropped me off after we went to his apartment to show the boys proof that i'm still alive. we didn't kiss. going back to nya's question, i rolled my eyes, "it's not a rendezvous if you knew who i was with and where i was going."

"the beach part is new."

i threw a pillow at her to shut her up. she lays herself next to me on the bed, "seriously, though. how was the date?"

her smile made me giggle at the memory of last night, "i loved it so much!" we couldn't stop laughing. i told her everything, and when i came to the part about yoongi she hummed. "what?" curious as to why she was humming. her eyes dart to me and then back at the blank wall, "yanno, it's not too crazy to think that yoongi may like you or you like him." i laughed. "it's not like that," i begin, "we said we weren't into each other. we're not each other's types. he told me."

"what else has yoongi told you recently?" she comes closer to me as if the secrets in this room could escape the closed door. i shrug and tell her what yoongi said before he set me on a date and what had happened dropping me off. she gasps, "yoongi likes you!"

"no he doesn't." i defend him. she rolls her eyes at me and pushes me off the bed, "bitch? yes, he does." it was my turn to do the eye rolling, "fine. i'll text him."

"no don't do that."

"why not?"

"he might not respond."

"then wouldn't we have our answer?" i stared at her. she stares back at me before she makes a face, "yeah, you right." i search for my phone and pull up yoongi's chat.

amor: do you like me? more than a friend like me? like, girlfriend like me? sounds crazy, but i wanted to know the chance

nya and i go back to arguing about the subject, but then we drop it and focus on tv or food or back to jungkook. "amor." nya calls me.

"neh?"

"check your phone."

i look at her confused as to what i'm suppose to be checking. she gives me a stern look, "yoongi." my mouth forms into an 'o' and i quickly open the phone.

read 1:18pm

it was the exact time i sent it too... oh yoongi, what are you avoiding?