xxvii

i woke up to the smell of bacon and pancakes... actually, i think that's what woke me up in the first place. i was in a state of confusion until i remembered i wasn't in my own house anymore. i felt a little sad at the realization, but it felt good not living with my parents... it also scared me a little as a crisis came by me. i'm still not okay with adulthood. i laid a moment longer in bed before stretching and getting up.

the scent filled the hallway, leading my stomach to grumble at how delicious it smelled. when i had a clear view of the kitchen, i saw yoongi and hoseok. they were both wearing aprons, whispering about where to put what and so on. i quietly walk in, waving at them when they saw me. "you guys don't usually do this." i say, smiling at how cute they both looked. "well, it's your first day here. might as well make the first day your best and slowly deteriorate from there." yoongi chuckles. i chuckle as well, offering to lend a hand.

they gave me a piece of bacon and told me to sit down at the table. whenever i went closer to the kitchen, yoongi or hoseok would lead me back to a chair at the table in the dining area before going back to finish whatever breakfast they were cooking. eventually, yoongi came over with a plate full of pancakes, bacon, and sausage. syrup was everywhere, which i didn't mind. i liked my pancakes sweet. "for you, madam." yoongi sets the plate in front of me. i cheer silently as hoseok comes over with the fork and knife. when they're done fixing the things in front of me, they stand silently, innocent smiles plastered on their face. i stare back in confusion, "what?" they both look at each other. "were waiting for you to eat..." hoseok says. i blink at them, not sure how to respond to that...

"why don't you guys eat with me?" i ask them, slowly. this time, the confusion was on their faces. "don't worry. eat." yoongi tells me. i shake my head, "eat with me or i won't eat." yoongi opens his mouth to speak but then quickly goes to the kitchen, dragging hoseok behind him. they come back with their own plates and utensils. a smile comes across my face as i watch them eat first before taking a bite into my plate.

sweet galore fills my mouth. absolutely savory.

we finish our plates quickly, but silently. i don't even know what time it is. all i know is that we finish eating, we clean our plates, cover the food we haven't eaten, and then watch cartoons in the living room. one by one the boys start waking up, and they were all surprised at the breakfast already made for them. much to hoseok and yoongi's annoyment, the boys had also thanked me for breakfast. every time they did, i explained it was hoseok and yoongi who made it which made everyone look at them weirdly.

jungkook came up to me, assumedly ready to take a seat down, but yoongi and jin were on either side of me on the couch. "why are you guys sitting next to her?" jungkook's tone spilled disappointment. yoongi looks ready to say something, but gets up and sits next to namjoon. jungkook happily takes the seat next to me. we all continue watching cartoons on the tv.

eventually, i get up and go do my studies for my upcoming finals and such.

----

a knock comes softly upon my door. "yes?" i call out to the person on the other end of the door. the door opens slightly and jungkook's head comes in. "are you still studying?" he asks me. the way he asked and the way he looked, melted me. "yeah, but i could always stop for now and such." i say, leaving space open in case he wanted to hand out alone. he smiles and enters all the way. i start organizing my studies into the designated textbooks and classes before putting them away on my desk. "do you have anything in mind?" i ask him to which he nods. i nod as well, waiting for him to tell me.

"do you prefer your room or mine?" he asks me. i shrugged, not really caring, but i was curious as to what his plan was. "okay, my room." he says, holding both hands out for me to hold onto. the apartment almost seems empty with how quiet it is, "where is everyone?" out." he says. my cheeks heat up at the abundance of thoughts coming into my mind... i quickly shake them out.