Introduction

... Snowy day ....

'Father? Where are you? I'm back from school,' I walked around the house but I couldn't see anyone...

All of a sudden, I heard a noise from the living room. It sounded like father, I raced to see my Father being held by some kind of beast in human form. I yelled "Father!?" But he told be to run away so I did.

I ran throughout the door into the snow... I saw my sister Misa and she ran along with me. I ran into town but I saw no one but then I saw a warm house that had a sign saying "Orphanage" I rushed in and they took me in even though I was like a stranger. I stepped in and looked back, I've lost Misa!

That day, I never saw him again... As well as my sister...

(Yumi at the age of six)

6 years later... (Yumi at the age of 12)

I was going on a walk around town since I had ran away from the orphanage, all my friends were adopted. I was lonely, unwanted, imperfect. I was kicking rocks around when something light fell on my head and drifted to the ground...

'Cross Academy a school of good education for high schoolers. Enrol now or get a full scholarship on receiving high marks in the placement test on the 29th of January 2010.' I thought '29th of January... That's today!'

So I took the placement test.

I hope I got in on a full scholarship!!

Next day

I found a note at my feet... It read

Dear Yumi Koyama,

Congratulations!

You have been accepted into Cross Academy on a full scholarship.

Come to your school on the 2nd of February

From Headmaster Cross

I was so happy! I could finally go to a place with a new life, I could leave this past life and start a new one.

Aww that's a few days away...

2nd of February

I walked to the school gates around 8:00am, as I walked through, some people wearing black uniforms gave me weird looks as if they were to say "Who is that girl?".

I stopped in the middle of nowhere and two people came up to me, a girl with brown hair about shoulder length and a handsome boy with silver hair. The girl said "Hello, you must be Yumi Koyama, am I right? I'm Yuuki Cross and this is Zero Kiryu. Nice to meet you!"

For some reason, the guy with the silver hair looked so familiar. Then she gave me a sweet smile while staring at me: I had black-blue, long hair and grey blue eyes. She then gave me a look as if to say "Follow me."

But somehow I had wondered off, I saw a guy in a white uniform with dark brown hair. I decided to ask him if he had seen Yuuki but before I got too close, everything blacked out and I fainted...