Chapter 17~ Vampire Hunter Duties part 2

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

I heard a sudden knock on my door, "Who is it?" I asked. The door opened revealing Zero, "What do you want?" I asked annoyed. He handed me a letter, I raised an eyebrow at him and opened up the letter. How many letters have I been getting lately...? Ok here's what it read.

Dear Miss Koyama,

Tonight is a vampire's meeting,

The hunter's association would appreciate it if you would watch over the vampires to make sure nothing awkward is going on. Something suspicious is coming.

From the Hunter's Association

Ugh... Why do they give me a letter right before my duty? "I got the same letter so I guess I'm going too." Zero added. I nodded.

Time skip~

Yuuki's P.O.V

I was in town, alone... To get groceries for headmaster. Suddenly I felt a light tug on my arm, I looked down and found a young child crying. "Are you lost?" He nodded and answered "Sister. Help me find my mum..." I looked around, "Is she close by?" The little boy nodded.

He lead me far way from the town. "Are you sure she's here? It's quite far from town." I asked. He nodded and continued to lead me. Soon we stood in front of an old building, "Is this the place?" I asked bending down to his height, he nodded and answered "Thank you, human sister..." he softly placed a kiss on my cheek. Suddenly everything went blurry...

"Errr? For some reason Yuuki Cross is lying here." Akatsuki said staring down at the fainted girl. "She's such a handful isn't she.." Kaname chuckled.

Yumi's P.O.V

I arrived at what I thought was a vampire meeting but ended up being a vampire ball. Just great. I stood in the corner with Zero, watching these horrible creatures dance and talk. This isn't a vampire 'meeting' it's a ball...

Yuuki's P.O.V

I slowly opened my eyes, Waaa? Where am I? When my eyes were fully I saw someone was in the room with me. "Kaname senpai!!" I exclaimed nervously. "Yuuki, what were you doing lying on the ground in such a dangerous place?"

I recalled my memories, "Um, there was a young boy who was lost and I was helping him find his mum and then he kissed me." Kaname nodded, "I see, he must be on of the guest's son, he's still young and doesn't have fangs so he must of fed on your energy source. Yuuki, don't do anything so reckless, it worries me you know. We are under the building you fainted in front of."

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, Takuma came in, "Kaname, the guests are waiting for your appearance." Kaname nodded, "Yuuki stay here. Do not move." I nodded as he left. I stared around this room, a room with no windows... I've been in a similar room before, but where?

Suddenly the door opened, "Human sister, I'm sorry." the boy from before apologised before closing the door again. "Wait, did you find your mum?" I rushed to the door but found no one outside. Suddenly I saw a bright light coming from the right.

I stepped out the curtain, I saw people dressed as if they were going to a ball. It's a vampire ball. But it can't be... There are famous people from all around the world, they're all vampires too? Suddenly I saw a glimpse of black and silver hair. Yumi, Zero? What are they doing here?

Yumi's P.O.V

I stood against the wall crossing my arms, what was I meant to do? Stand here for the whole time watching the vampires dance? Suddenly someone ruffled my hair. "Hey grumpy much?" Sensei? "What are you doing here?" I asked annoyed. He continued to ruffle my hair, he showed me a similar letter. "Oh I see... Can you stop touching my hair!?"

Suddenly I saw a glimpse of brown hair. Could it be... No way... Yuuki...? I blinked again, it was my imagination... Suddenly something brought all our attention, everyone bowed down. Everyone except Zero, Sensei and me.

"Sorry. I did not come to disturb the evening, continue." Kaname said. Everyone stood back up and continued.

Yuuki's P.O.V

I peeked back up, so Yumi and Zero are really here... But something caught my eye, the Aido family stood before Kaname. I could hear Aido father's words. "Kaname-sama, you have taken good care of my son, may I please introduce you to my daughter Tsukiko." I felt a pang of jealousy.

"Father! Kaname-sama, I didn't ask for this." Aido said nervously. I couldn't watch anymore... I quietly raced back to the room. I sat in the soft couch as the door opened. "Why'd you leave?" Kaname asked sitting down beside me.

"I saw the young boy come back and I wanted to see if he had found his parents..." // outside the door was the very boy, listening, the boy smiled, "It's time to go home now." The boy raced off. // "I will not forgive you so easily for this." Kaname threatened yet so gentle.

Kaname rested his head on my chest, "Don't move, let me stay here until I say so. This is you punishment." He whispered. I nodded as I lightly ruffled his hair. Suddenly he neared my neck, "Yuuki, do you wish to become a vampire?" I never thought he'd ask this. What should I say? Tears slipped down my face "Yes"

Suddenly this door bursted open. "No Yuuki don't!" Yumi? "I think I went too far with my punishment..." Kaname said sitting up.

Yumi's P.O.V

"No Yuuki don't!" I yelled busting the door open, how could she want to become a vampire... A beast in human form who sucks the blood of living humans! She looked away ashamed, "I have called headmaster to come and pick you up, see you tomorrow Yuuki..."

I walked out with her, "Yuuki, is it true you want to become a vampire..." She looked to me, "I thought if I became a vampire, I'd become..." I cut in, "Stronger? Your fine as you are! If you try to become a vampire I'd have to kill you for that..." I cursed. Headmaster's car pulled up. "Yuuki you go home and have rest first ok? I have something to take care of."

Earlier~

"Ichiru, what are you doing here?" I asked, "I'm working for the senate now. Look I, really busy, I'll see you tomorrow at school ok?" I nodded, I took a few steps from him but he pulled me into a hug. "Back then... You loved me... Now everyone has left me. Even Shizuka, she's hiding somewhere. She always refused my blood. I'm really useless aren't I? Why'd you choose my brother? It has to be always Zero!"

"Umm... I don't recall having any memories with you Kiryu twins, I just got told you were in my past." I pointed out. He let go of me, "That day will come before you, where you will be in grave danger."

Now~

What did Ichiru mean? Suddenly a light smack came across my back, "What was that for?!" I shouted looking behind me. "Zero?" He smirked "Are we going back or what?" I laughed "Unless you want to stay at the Aido manor." He picked my up bridal style and carried me to the car.

End~~~ how was it? || sorry for short update but it was part 2 as you can see

Question time!

What do you think of Zero in this book?

Is he out of character or fine, or is he perfff? He's perf either way 😏