Chapter 26~ The Ball

Some of you really liked dress number 4 so I thought, why not let Yuuki wear it? I mean the person acutally wearing it in the pic is acutally Yuuki~!

2 days later~

Yumi's P.O.V

I took out my elegant, blue, satin dress and laid it on the bed. The ball was today. I could finally get to see... Yuuki again.

Tonight was New Year's...

Yuuki's P.O.V

Today was the vampire ball, I looked over to Kaname, "Onee chan, we get to see Yumi today don't we?" I asked. He nodded as maids walked into the room.

"I had this dress specially made for you." It was a simple, pale, white dress. I nodded and smiled at he maids as I took the dress.

I walked into my room, I put the dress down on the bed and walked over to a shelf. I stopped and looked at all my memories at cross academy. I spotted a photo frame, there was a picture of me and Yumi on our first day of high school."

I smiled at all the memories. And next to it lay a necklace, a necklace I got for my birthday from Yumi. It was a necklace with a diamond ribbon charm hanging from it, I should wear this tonight.

Yumi's P.O.V

I stood in father's office, he was looking through shelves for something that I assumed was important. He looked through the shelves and then finally pulled out a small box.

"We can not let the vampires find out that you are the true heir to both the vampire and human society." Father explained.

"What do you mean?" I asked shocked, true heir to the vampire and human society...?

"Hmm it seems I haven't explained well, you are an angelblood, way back before the war between humans and vampires there was a small group of vampires, a very special type. They can seal away their hunger and vampire presence. They have the human's and vampire's trust.

When the war begun, they were taken away by the human, vampire hunters from the vampires causing an even worser war. You are one of those angelbloods, you must be protected and no one can know. I'm sorry I just told you now." Father said.

"Oh it's fine... But how do I hide my vampire presence and thirst fro blood? Why do I have to be protected? Why-" I asked

Father took out a necklace with a red rose charm, "Put your blood into this and your presence will be sealed, you can't tell anyone about this. You are protected from purebloods because they all want your powerful blood."

I nodded and put my blood into the centre of the of the rose, the rose glowed red and sparkled gold before turning back to it's golden colour.

My throat no longer felt dry, and my nails were back to their normal length, though my hair was still long. This necklace would match with my dress, it'll blend in.

I went back to my dorm, on the way I passed Zero and looked away immediately. A 'walked' to my room quickly but was unfortunately stopped by Zero.

"I thought you were a vampire?" he asked confusedly. "Vampire? Me? Ahahaha no way..." he looked sort of relieved, I felt so bad for lying to him. I gave a weak smile and continued to walk in the direction of my dorm.

When I got to my room I saw Yori, "Oh Yori! Do you need something?" she looked up smiling half heartedly, "Oh I just miss Yuuki, that's all."

Then I got an idea, "Yori! There's a vampire ball I was invited to tonight, you should really come! Yuuki will be there!" Her face lightened up "Really?! But... I don't know what to wear."