Chapter 2~ Disciplinary Committee

Next morning

When I opened my eyes again, I realised I was in the infirmary on a bed. I looked around and saw Headmaster, Yuuki, Zero and the boy in the white uniform I saw on the first day discussing something.

I overheard the headmaster saying "There is no way we can hide it from her any longer... We have no choice but to tell her" Yuuki turned around and saw that I was awake. She rushed over to me and gave me a hug "Yumi! You're ok, I was worried for a second" I looked at her and joked "For 'a second'?"

Headmaster came over to me and got serious. "Do you remeber what happened last night?" I nodded and continued to listen. (Ugh, I hate it when we get all serious) "Well, all the students in white uniforms, the night class... Well it's because everyone in the night class are vampires."

I stared in shock... "Vampires?! You mean, he's a vampire too?" I pointed over to the boy in the white uniform I saw on the first day. Yuuki answered "You mean Kaname? He's a good vampire... He saved me from a bad vampire 4 years ago."

I saw her blushing... Don't tell me she has a crush on him? A vampire? I was furious. "Wait that event 6 years ago, headmaster, you know about it, I told you. Umm that beast in human form that killed my father, was he a vampire?"

The headmaster nodded sadly. I stood up throwing the blanket furiously and ran out the door... Tears spilling down my face, why did I feel so angry. Was it because I missed my father?

I laid in my bed sobbing forever... Why did attend this school? I heard a knock on my door. It was a cold voice calling "Yumi, headmaster wants to see you." It was Zero, at first, I hesitated and then I opened the door.

He lead me to the office there stood headmaster holding a gun called the Blue Rose. He gave it to me and stated "From today on you will be my daughter, I have adopted you" I looked up with happy tears and I hugged him.

"Thank you!" But he had more to say, "Yumi, I also want you to become part of the Disciplinary committee, you will be known as prefects to the day class but guardians for the night class, please take this seriously." I stood up and yelled.

"Are you serious? I could never be a guardian for those beasts!" I tried to run away but someone tugged on my arm. I looked back, "Zero?!" I looked at him angrily and he pulled me to his room.

I pulled my arm away "What do you want?" He looked at me and said "So your family was killed by a vampire huh?" I blushed and looked the other way while saying "Why do you need to know? *sigh* well my father died and my older sister Misa ran away with me but I lost her on the way..."

He looked at me and took my hand "The same happened to my family but my brother died." All of a sudden I remembered why he looked so familiar. Your brother? "Zero, do you know someone named Ichiru?" He looked at me shocked as if to say 'How do you know him?' I blushed and said, "Well just an old friend, hey we're gonna be late to class, come on." With that I ran out the door.

I think I sort of built up a crush on him, but I can't... Not this time... Ichiru will pay...

When I got to class I heard some girls whispering. I noticed they were all staring at me too , did I do something wrong? A boy came up to me, he stared at me saying "You must be the new student... Get up in front of the class and introduce yourself."

I stared back and yelled "Uh so it's you, Kaichou (president) eh? Whatever?" I stood up and walked up to the front of the class. "Heyy, I'm Yumi Koyama and I'll be part of this class form now on. Obviously."

I walked back to my seat next to Yuuki and the class president (Kaichou) shouted "What sort of introduction of yourself is that?" Ugh great, first day and I've already made an enemy... Yuuki turned to me and smiled

"Don't worry about him, he's always like that, haha!" But before I could reply the 'class president' yelled again "Ohh and you Yuuki, we have exams coming up, have you heard the class with the lowest scores have to set up the upcoming Valentine's dance?

That will ruin my chance to dance with Ruka if your always lowering our scores and---" I cut him off... "Hey Yuuki, what Valentine dance?" She pointed to a poster on the notice board: Valentines dance, next Friday! Come with a date for a special prize!"

Without thinking I said "Oh. I'm not going since we have to go with a date and wear a dress and I'm gonna let this one go cause I don't own a dress..." I went on and on...

Soon class was over, but I had to go patrolling around the school grounds, Yuuki said there was some sort of 'switch over' "Oh right, all the members of the night class still learn, haha let's go!" Yuuki and I were best friends now, so we walked together to the gates where the switch over commenced.

I heard all the girls scream at the top of their lungs "KYA KYA KYA!!!" As people in white uniforms, the night class walked through. I spotted a guy walking up the front with blonde hair, he looked familiar...

Ugh, it was that vampire that bit me! Why were all the girls in love with him? He's an ugly beast in human form. "Aidou Senpai!!" Hi smiled back and exclaimed "Hi!!" While waving his hand up. Ugh only the first time on the disciplinary committee and it's already tiring, I see why both Yuuki and Zero sleep in class.

We were on the roof deck, Yuuki was staring into the classroom while Zero complained "Your watching your hero aren't you?" Yuuki turned around blushing and yelled "No I'm not! I'm looking at everyone in the night class not just Kaname!"

I sighed and looked around to see two day class girls wondering around. I just sighed again and jumped down onto a tree down onto the ground, with Yuuki following behind me.

I yelled "What are your names and what is your classroom number?!" One of the girls stayed in an annoying manner "Ugh, my names Yuri in class 5A, we're just taking pictures of the night class, no big deal. What are you doing with the disciplinary committee anyway?!"

I pulled my badge out that said 'Disciplinary committee' they stared and one of the girls stood up but yelped in pain. Yuuki gasped "Oh no! Did you get hurt? Oh your bleeding! Blood is bad, please leave immediately, Kira." Before they could leave two students from the night class approached. Oh no it's Aidou-Senpai and Kain-Senpai again, I can't let them do what they did to me before.

I turned around hearing the squeal of Yuuki. Aidou was clenching onto her hand, his fangs appeared and ready to bite into Yuuki's palm. Before he could continue, I grabbed my Blue Rose and aimed it against his head.

"Let go of her now!!!" I warned and I heard the sound of another trigger. I turned to see Zero holding his Bloody Rose gun, meanwhile Yuri and Kira screamed "Ehh? Fangs? He's a vampire!!!" And they fainted.

Before anything else happened Kaname approached us. He asked Zero and I to put down our weapons and promised he would punish Aidou and Kain. I asked "What about them two?" Pointing to where Yuri and Kira where. Kaname said "We will erase their memories."

With that, Yuuki and I went back to our dorms.