Chapter 16 : Identity

It was late and I had received a text by someone : Meet me at the park. There is something I need to tell you.

I said goodbye to Hyerin and Jiyeon and took the bus which dropped me off near the park. I turned on my phone, seeing that it was 7:40 p.m. I looked back up only to see him on the swing, going back and forth while looking up at the sky.

I followed where he looked, and I see that it was already dark. The sun has fallen and the moon was up and bright, and the stars shined brightly in the darkness.

I walked over to him, and spoke, "Hey, what do you want to tell me?"

He looked back at me and smiled. "Youngjae?"

"Sorry," he chuckled. "I'm really sorry"

He inhaled and continued to speak, and I sat down on the swing next to him. "Do you remember when we first met?" he asked.

"Uh... Yeah?"

"How did we meet?" he asked.

"I was here in the park, balling my eyes out over taehyung." I laughed a little.

We looked at each other, and he grinned. Something about this made me unseasy.

"That's not how we met..."

I gasped, "Oh! I bumped into you on the streets on the way to school--"

"Uh... no." He said and something about his tone made me think we met way before that.

"We met around 10 years ago, we were kids." He said. I was confused.

"I know. You're probably confused, and thinking when we met around that time. But,  I guess what I am about to tell will make you realize..."

I didn't speak, I was just so confused. And I wanted to hear what he had to say.

"I'm still alive, I never died by that car crash. And I'm sorry my mother and father overreacted and moved away..."

I stayed silent. I didn't know what to say.

"And I'm sorry I came back now, and not then..." He chuckled, and smiled at me as if nothing was wrong.

"Oh right! We haven't officially ended it so, let's just breack up." He looks at me seriously, then smiles, "You and Taehyung look really good together. Stay with him, and be happy, okay?"

After not saying anything after a while, I smiled and giggled. "Thank you. For telling me this and breaking up with me. I really wanted that." We both laughed.

After talking we both left. I got home and took a shower, getting ready for bed. But before that, I talked with Taehyung, until I eventually fell asleep while we were on the phone.