2. Problem

A familiar chime echoed in the hidden room. Next to the stack of assignments was her cell phone, the screen brighly displaying her message notification. With a small sigh Ryo took her eyes from the cameras to check the message.

She wasn't surprised to see it was from none other than Kyouya Ootori.

As always, his message was breif, professional, and straight to the point.

Look into Haruhi Fujioka.

However, that name was quite unexpected. What did the shadow king of the host club what with her?

May i ask why?

Just look into it.

She expected little more from him. Even so it was worth a shot to see if she could get some information. Like every other time she asked, the answer never changed.

The brunette pulled up the student files, scrolling through the hundreds of names before finding the one requested. With quick fingers, she opened the document and paraphrased the inclosed information before sending it to the boy.

Pardon my asking, but I would really like to know why. I can't think of anything she could have done against you.

She?

Yes, she.

There was a long pause. Her eyes flicked over the screens, quickly finding the cameras installed in the third music room. A groan flew past her lips as she saw Haruhi staring at the now broken vase. Knowing the school, there was no way it could be something easily bought.

Ryo hurried to place the headphones over her ears, nearly dropping them in the process. Her mouse quickly moved to the group of cameras and their conversation quickly reached her ears.

While she knew the hosts could be vicious, she never thought they would have gone this far. Haruhi certaintly wasn't the first commoner at Ouran, and there was no reason she would be the last. Yet they were all so fasinated.

Ryo felt sorry for the girl, but at the same time glad it wasn't her.

There was little she could do but curse the Host Club as they blackmailed the girl into becoming their errand dog. She ran a hand over her face before pulling the headphones from her head.

As club activities started for the day, Ryo tried to return her focus to monitoring other parts of the school. Even so her eyes trailed back to the third music room.

The next day she was surprised to see Haruhi wearing the male's uniform. Not only that, but she was hosting some of the girls.

I thought I informed you of Haruhi's gender.

You did.

She groaned at the lack of response from the Kyouya. The boy infuriated her, but there was little she could do about it. He had chosen her as his go to informant, and she was thankful for the distraction it provided.

Feeling her eyes water, she decided to call it a day. She would head home, but first she had to deliver a folder of information to the shadow king himself.

The system would instantly inform her if something were to be even remotely suspicious, and she could pull up the system on nearly any device. So with little reluctance Ryo packer up her bag and completed assignments. She dropped the stack of papers at the facility lounge, and made her way up to the music room.

She took the lounger, more used route, wanting to try and delay her interaction with the host club. If she was luck, she could slip in unnoticed. Well, by everyone except Kyouya and Mori.

To her surprise she passed a rather angry looking girl, he dark red hair swaying behind her as she furiously moved down the hall. She didn't seem to have noticed that she wasn't alone, as Ryo clearly heard her mumbling about a commoner.

With a curious glance as the retreating woman, the brunette shrugged and continued on her way.

The room seemed to be in a minor uproar as Haruhi tried to fend off the attention of the idiotic blonde that ran the club. The twins were just as occupied adding fuel to the fire. As soon as she stepped in the door, Kyouya met her gaze.

He didn't move from where he stood, computer at his side as he wrote in his black notebook. Ryo couldn't have cared less about what exactly he was scribbling.

"Here you go," she said, handing over the blank manila folder. "All information paraphrased along with original sources."

"Thank you, Miss Hisakawa. I'm sure the work is excellent as always." He tucked the folder in his bag.

A series of quick tones escaped her phone. Her eyes widened as Kyouya gave her a questioning look. His gaze remained on her as she moved around him and shrunk the tabs on his computer screen.

"What are you doing?" he questioned.

"Sorry, system alert." Her curt words quieted the boy, as he watcher her fingers fly across the keyboard. The system quickly appeared on the screen, and the cameras in question grew to a slightly larger size.

There was an unknown object floating in the pond just outside music room, and the person who had put it there was calmly moving through the halls. In an instant she recognized the auburn haired girl from earlier.

"Be right back, I have to check this out." Ryo quickly made her way out of the room, before running down the halls. She didn't pass the student, but that was because very few new all of the halls and routes. In almost no time, she jogged up close to the pond, only to see a student's bag floating in the water.

"What the..."

Something about this felt really off. Why would she throw her things into the water? Not to mention leaving them there.

"Ryo? What are you doing here?" Turning at the sound of her name, she spotted Haruhi approaching.

"Wait, is this your bag?" Ryo asked the girl. She nodded in reply.

"I hope nothing's ruined."

The two girls waded in the water, carefully searching for the things that had begun sinking under the water. Ryo found herself pleasently surprised when Tamaki began helping them.

"Haruhi, head on home. I need to speak with Tamaki." The blonde gave her a look and opened his mouth to protest. He stopped at the look he got in return.

As soon as the other brunette left the area, Ryo sighed.

"I can't prove much quite yet, but if you really care for Haruhi, keep an eye on the auburn haired princess of yours. She could be a problem."