41. Offer

Ryo took it back. 

They were competing for a spare room, hosting against the guests and Misuzu. It wasn't any different. Luckily, they seemed to be staying out of her way.  

Her focus was currently locked onto one of the last cameras she was fixing, once again perched on the top of a ladder. Since the hosts were here, she wasn't listening to music in hopes that she could be able to hear any trouble that was heading her way first. 

Of course, with her luck, that didn't matter. 

"Oh, Mori, would you be a dear? This table has an uneven leg that needs fixing!"

"Sure."

She glanced down at the third year, letting out a low whistle as he lifted the table with one hand, moving towards the door with ease. 

"Ah, wait-" she called out, noticing how close the table was to the ladder. Ryo let out a small shout as she tried to grab the sides of the ladder as she suddenly found herself falling. Her eyes were wide as she flailed for some sort of purchase. She closed her eyes and suddenly felt something catch her. Mori was looking down at her when she opened her eyes once again, finding herself in his arms, the table abandoned on its side. 

"Sorry," he said, placing her down. 

"Ah, it's alright," she answered, waving her arms. "I shouldn't have been on the very top anyway."

"Are you alright Ryo?" Misuzu asked, quickly checking her over. She nodded, watching as Mori set the ladder up again and took the table outside as if it hadn't happened. "50 refresher points to Mori."

"Wow, my safety is only worth 50 points, huh," she teased, going back to work. 

By the end of the day, it was clear that either Tamaki or the twins would be taking the spare room. Mori and Honey were a pair, and the latter just couldn't fit Misuzu's ideals. Kyouya had already expressed his hesitance in participating but had gained some points regardless. 

The twins were beasts, though Tamaki's playing was a wild card no one had expected. 

The brunette was sitting outside, taking a break to read one of the books Misuzu had lent her, glancing up every now and then to watch Yuu. He was having a lot of fun holding nails for Mori, who was fixing the disaster of a fence Tamaki built. 

The fresh air was nice. She couldn't deny that the area really was known for its refreshing and peaceful atmosphere. 

The sound of something shattering quickly reached her ears. Startled, she jumped to her feet and whipped around. Her eyes landed on Kaoru and Haruhi, as well as the shattered flower pot next to them. 

"Kaoru!" 

Ryo rushed inside as soon as Hikaru broke the silence, racing for the first aid kit. Once she had it on hand, she hurried back outside and knelt by the twins. 

"Let me see your face," she demanded, prying the case open. A strong sense of worry crashed over her as she tried to get a good look at the cut.

"I'm fine, Hisakawa."

She shot Kaoru a look. "Let me see first unless you want to tell me you can see your own face without a mirror."

"I mean-" he spoke up, glancing at Hikaru. 

Ryo shook her head. "Not valid, turn your head." 

After a moment, he did so. Carefully, she touched his face, taking a closer look at the cut. He flinched slightly at her touch but remained still as she slowly started to clean the wound. It didn't look that bad.

"You're lucky. It should heal rather soon, and you don't have to worry about a scar on your face," she mused, pulling out a bandage. "We can't have something that would make it easy to tell you two apart, now can we?"

She quickly put a bit of antiseptic on the bandage and gently covered his cut. Kaoru turned to look at her, blinking as she gave him a small smile. Now that she was certain it wasn't very big and that it was clean, her worry started to fade.

"You're all set, Kaoru," she chirped, collecting the trash. "I'll leave the antiseptic and a spare bandage with you later tonight. He's still in one piece, so you don't have to worry too much Hikaru."

"Th-Thanks," they responded. 

"No problem."

Climbing back to her feet, she tucked the first aid kit under her arm and grabbed the trash. She glanced back at the twins, a bit surprised to see them still watching her. Ryo smiled, glad that they weren't panicking still. 

"100 refresher points!"

A sigh left her as she entered the building, heading for the trash can and leaving the kit on the counter for easy access. 

Tamaki looked like a dead man at the piano. 

"If it's that big of a deal," she sighed, stealing a seat next to Kyouya, "he can take my room. Yuu has already been staying in Haruhi's room. I'll just stay up the next few nights to get all of my work done before anything else can stop me from finishing."

"I don't think that's a good-"

"Really? You'd do that for me?!" 

Tamaki rushed over, alive and well once more, grabbing her hands. She slowly nodded, watching as he seemed to light up even more than she thought possible. 

"Uh, sure. As I said, I want to get my work done so that I'm not in the way of guests, and so I can stop anyone from getting hurt in any crazy schemes the host club ends up in."

She wasn't surprised when he took off for Haruhi, completely unfazed by her words. The brunette fell back into her seat, tensing slightly when she noticed how harshly Kyouya was staring at her. 

"I hope you understand how strongly I disapprove of you giving up your room," he sighed, turning his gaze back to his work. 

"Ah, well... I suppose it's a bit too late now. Though, I am a bit surprised by your disapproval." He kept his gaze on his work, leaving her to stand. "It is not the first time I have been up all night, and it certainly will not be the last."

"Yes, but this is your vacation," he argued. Ryo couldn't help but stare. "It is your choice I suppose, but since it will be hard to get your room back, you are welcome to the guest room at my family's summer home. I'll be staying there myself so you can simply return with me."

Ryo merely nodded after a moment before walking off, unsure of what to say. For some reason, she just couldn't understand why he had made such an offer. It just didn't seem like something he would do. Kyouya didn't do things unless it benefited him. So why was he focusing on how well she took care of herself?