6. Judging Eyes

Ryo decided she would start counting her blessings. After everything that had happened with Haruhi, she was amazed that the host club hadn't tried to drag her further in.

Trying to stop their dance from becoming a security disaster would be a large enough task in the first place.

The hosts were determined to make her job much harder.

Originally, it was to be outside at night. There were to be many little canopy tents for the guests to sit under if they preferred. Those tents were to surround a large open area that would serve as a dance floor.

There were many other, smaller details that Ryo didn't need to focus on.

There was no way to stop it from being at night, but she instantly vetoed the dance being entirely outside. It would be so much easier for someone to just sneak up to a tent and grab someone. Inside was safer.

But if they were inside, how would they stop access to other parts of the building? There were various paintings and sculptures that would be worth a pretty penny.

Some girls would want/have to bring their security workers. How were they to know that it was an actual bodyguard, and not a criminal?

If Ryo wanted to commit a crime, she would just act as security detail, go to check the perimeter, and walk off with whatever she was there for.

She wasn't about to let that happen.

"Tamaki," she groaned. "For the last time, I simply cannot approve of anything with such a security risk. If any other club or group or individual asked the same thing, it would still be no."

"But-"

"Tamaki," Ryo warned. "I am technically employed by your father. If you think you can protect the students of Ouran better, than feel free to talk to him and get me fired."

"Can't you-"

"Fine. I'll run things by your father and get back to you."

The blonde squealed with joy and dragged her into a hug. "Thank you so much!"

"Grand, good, jolly. Let go," she hissed. "Why are you following me?"

"I want to see where you disappear to all the time!"

"No."

Ryo ducked around the corner and slid into the crevice behind a flower decorated suit of armor. She stepped through the dark and dusty classroom that was hidden there, giving a breif hello to Nekozawa.

After exiting the Dark Magic Club Room, Ryo hurried to her library before Tamaki or any of the other hosts could catch her.

Sitting in her favorite chair, Ryo sent an email to the chairman about the details of the dance, and began to work on her latest project for Kyouya. It involved two of her classmates, both from high class families. They had an arranged marriage since they were young, but tensions between the two were high.

Ryo's eyebrows slowly raised as she learned more and more about their situation. With a shake of her head, she sent the information over to Kyouya and leaned back in her chair.

I assume you will be attending the ceremony next week?

Only to monitor the situation.

Make sure you are dressed appropriately.

Unfortunately, I'm sure my best would still be too "commoner"
No one will be seeing me anyhow unless there is an emergency

There was no further response, leaving the girl to sigh heavily. Luckily for the girl, everything began smoothing out. The dance was relocated to a large ballroom for all except the final dance, without any fuss from Tamaki thanks to Kyouya.

Haruhi learned how to dance, allowing her to keep her job as a host.

Kyouya told her the plan the rest of the club had come up with to fix the relationship between the two students. Ryo was glad he had told her in advance, otherwise her system would have thrown a fit. Plus it gave her more time to code and program the system for that night.

Unfortunately as the days passed, she was unable to find someone to watch Yuu. Ranka was working a late shift that night, leaving her down to few options.

That was why the brunette stood in front of the shadow king's desk before the school day started. He stared up at her through his glasses, mildly amused by her obvious discomfort.

"Would Yuu be able to attend the night of the dance?" she calmly asked.

He smirked. "Unable to find a sitter?"

"Yes, I wouldn't be asking otherwise," Ryo retorted.

"What about your parents?" he asked. "Surely they both don't work until the late hours of the night."

"They do," she easily responded. The lie was comfortable on her toungue. "If we weren't tight on money, I wouldn't need to have a job here, or as an informant."

"You make a valid point," Kyouya said. "It is rather late notice, but I'm sure the boy will fit into one of Honey-senpai's suits."

"Why does he need a suit? We won't be seen by the guests."

"There's been a change of plans, approved and advocated by the chairman himself," the ravenette responded. "You will be set up only a room away, to ease the jouney should something happen."

Ryo stared blankly at the boy, her green eyes dull and unamused. The corner of his lip tugged up.

"I have also gone through the liberties of securing a dress for you."

Her eye twitched, and she hoped that there was a glare on her glasses blocking his sight. The dance was tomorrow, so there was no way to back out or program the system to act on its own so suddenly.

"Kyouya Ootori, you sly-"

"Please take your seats. Hisakawa, you're dismissed."

Very much annoyed, Ryo couldn't help but think of the ridiculous dress he would jave prepared. Here eyes instantly wandered to his form on the cameras, quickly noting the small, subtle smirk he had the rest of the day.

A dress.

Ryi wasn't sure why, but her face began to heat up at the thought of wearing a dress around the host club. After a moment of daydreaming, she shook her head and settled her mind.

She just wasn't prepared to be presented before a crowd of judging eyes. In her mind, oddly enough, all she could see was Kyouya appraising her appearance.

Ryo didn't like that thought.