11. Acidic Feeling

Sleep was still alluding the brunette. Even Yuu, at his young age, was growing concerned for his sister. It had grown to the point that he had stolen her laptop and taken to hiding it on many occasions.

"Yuu," she groaned, peering into the desk drawers. There was nothing that shouldn't have been there.

"Yes?" he drawled, peering through the doorway of her room.

"Yuu, I need my laptop," she sighed, rubbing her eyes as if to warn off the coming mirgrane.

"Ryo, you need sleep," he pouted. The two siblings stared at each other, neither willing to submit. "You're so brain dead you've looked the same drawers over and over."

Ryo blinked and glanced down at the desk. As a yawn forced itself out, she sighed. The young boy quietly skipped over and grabbed her hand. A small smile om her face, she let him pull her toward her room.

"Night Ryo," he chirped. "I'll make sure the door is locked and the lights are off."

As her door shut with a small click, Ryo took her glasses off and rubbed her eyes. She fell back onto her bed and stared at the ceiling. Feeling herself start to drift off, Ryo sat up and pulled her email up on her phone.

There were many spam messages, as she spent a large amount of time cleaning up the inbox. Ryo could hear the faint sounds of Yuu preparing for bed as she read through updates about their parents and potential business deals, none of which panned out.

Once her eyes began to burn from the bright light of her screen, she turned her phone off with a long breath. Another yawn broke her movements, and she knew that Yuu was correct. Unfortunately for her brother, she had bad habits.

The bright green numbers of her clock blurred together, but she could assume that it was later than it should be.

Sleep came easily once she laid down.

Despite getting more rest than she had in the last few days, exhaustion laid heavily on her shoulders as she dropped Yuu off and made her way through the Ouran Halls. Ryo didn't own much make-up, nor did she have the care to use it to try and hide the bags under her eyes.

"Miss Ryo?" She continued to walk, deciding not to bother with the classroom that day.

"Miss Ryo? I believe you've walked past our classroom." Kyouya came to a stop slightly in front of her, an arm out to stop her from simply walking past.

"Yes."

His brow furrowed. "Pardon me, but I am a tad bit curious why you have continued walking."

"The classroom is merely a formality in my case," she sighed. "Now if you'll excuse me, I must be on my way."

"If I may have one more moment of your time, Miss Ryo," Kyouya firmly said, not relenting. "There are matters I must discuss with you. Bring the file I asked for over to the club this afternoon."

Her eyes widened, as she had completely forgotten about the request he had made the other day.

"Oh, yeah, I'll bring it down," she agreed, ducking unde his arm. With quick strides she hurried to the control room to gather the information before the school day ended.

Ryo had a one track mind as she narrowed down the broad range of information to wha he had specifically asked for. She was positive that at some point he had already received the data, but she wouldn't risk the possibility of it just being a random sense of deja-vu.

Suddenly, just as she was organizing the printed flies, her phone began to chime.

System Alert:
[ 1 ] Unauthorized and Unregistered person(s) in the building. Action recommended.
<Notify Security?>
<yes> <no>

Ryo's eyes quickly locked onto the image of a young woman in the Ouran Uniform inching closer to the Host Club doors. She was wearing the uniform, but was not yet registered.

Snatching the file she had placed down, Ryo opted not to notify security and instead to hurry down herself.

The brunette whipped the door open and quickly scanned the room for the girl. She was able to easily see her as she leaped over Tamaki's body.

"My darling Kyouya!" she chirped, nusling against the boy.

"You know each other?" the hosts exclaimed.

"We're engaged!" she responded, holding onto his arm.

With narrowed eyes, Ryo marched forward. She firmly, but still gently, pulled the girl away from the hosts and stood in between them. The girl stared at her wide eyed as she tried to regain her balance.

"Who-"

"Name," Ryo interrupted.

"What in-"

"Miss, you are tresspassing on private property. Unless you are willing to cooperate, I will be forced to notify security and remove you from the grounds," she pressed, voice firm.

The girl stood straight and glared. She could feel a few of the hosts cower behind her. "This is ridiculous! I'm in uni-"

"Miss, just because you are in the uniform of the school does not guarantee you are a student," she stated. "Student ID?"

"I-"

Ryo nodded, obviously not surprised. "Name?"

"R-Renge." The girl had given up on asserting authority over her.

"And a surname?"

"Houshakuji."

"Age?"

"Fifteen."

"Miss, please state why you are here," she sighed.

"I came to see my darling Kyouya!" the girl easily chirped, winking at the raven haired boy.

"If I may be frank, I am well aware that no girl is in any sort of relationship with Mr. Ootori aside from strictly business," Ryo explained.

"I transfered here to see him, we'll be engaged!" Her eye began to twitch. At least she was consitant.

"Transfered, you said?"

Ryo used the given information to search the school's database, eyes not once moving from the girl. At last a student file popped up.

"Alright, Miss Houshakuji. I see the mistake. Your student data has yet to be fully processed into the system. However, when coming on campus before you start classes, please check in and get a visitors pass," Ryo sigh, pinching the bridge of her nose. She then angled herself into a quick bow. "I apolgize for any inconvenience I have caused."

Renge smiled. "Not at all! I see know you were just trying to protect my Kyouya!"

Ryo nodded and turned around to see that the twins and Tamaki had cowered away at her look. She sighed and held the file out to Kyouya, who was doing his best to hide a smirk.

"Your file," she stated.

"Thank you, Miss Hisakawa. Noe about the matters we-"

"Mr. Ootori, I must be on my way. You have a guest to attend to anyhow."

She turned around and calmly left the room, teeth clamping down onto her cheek. Ryo hated the acidic feeling that had bubbled up inside of her when she saw the girl hanging in Kyouya.