p r o l o g u e

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

mackenzie ziegler

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"i miss you, dad."

"so fucking much. you don't understand" i sob.

"i'm sorry for your loss." an unfamiliar voice echoes through my ears from behind. my head slowly turns to reveal a teenage boy with bloodshot eyes, making the emerald green stand out, he has bags under his eyes and his hair looks like he had a rough night.

"thanks," i trail off, my eyes wander to the ground. "are you okay?" i question him, not looking at him as i know i look like a reck.

"just a rough night," he squats down next to me and starts to pick at the grass. "that's my sister." he points to a grave that sits right next to my dads.

"oh, i'm sorry," i trail off once again. "how long ago?" i look up to face his stunning green eyes, with red lining the outsides.

"9 years ago yesterday." his eyes look up at mine. my eyes were glued to his. hurt laced through the beautiful green.

"oh," i rip my eyes away from his to look at my dad's grave. "i'm sorry to hear that." i turn to look back at him, but this time tears continuously drip from his face.

-

ahhhh! i hope you all enjoy this sneak peek/prologue! can't wait for you all to read!

xox