o n e ⇢ flashbacks

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

mackenzie ziegler

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

*flashback*

"daddy!" i jump beside the couch, shaking my dad to get him to wake. "daddy, time to wake up! it's movie night." i continue to move him. "mummy!" i shout, hearing a faint mumble of a 'yes' from the kitchen. "daddy isn't waking up!"

her sneakers softly stomping along our hardwood floors become louder as she closer to me. "david," she shakes him. i watch every move that she makes. she holds her head above his chest.

"mummy, what are you doing?" she ignores me, by shaking him vigorously. "mummy?" i start to worry as she starts to panic. 

"kenz, can you please grab my phone off the bench." she looks at me. "quickly, kenz!" i panic and run into the kitchen swiping her phone off the kitchen counter. i scatter back around the corner to see my mum now on her knees next to the couch. 

"here you go." i shakily hand her cell phone to her. she snatches it from my hand before she taps in a number that i didn't recognise.

i stand a reasonable length away from her with my hands behind my back, carefully watching every move she makes. "is daddy okay?" i take a small step closer to the couch, looking over the armrest at his face.

"he'll be fine, kenz." she looks up at me. "go find, maddie." i look at her with a frown across my face.

"but i want to stay with, daddy." i frown at her, but she ignores me and pays attention to whatever the person is saying on the phone. i decide to do not what mum says and i kneel next to the couch, resting my head just below his face.

"i love you, dad."

-

heyo!

the next chapter will be explaining johnny's side of the story and then it will head into the actual plot :)

hope this didn't make you tear up :,)

15 votes and 5 comments for the next chapter