t e n ⇢ you did nothing wrong

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

mackenzie ziegler

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

as i sprint out of johnny's bedroom door, i hustle down his rather step stairs, ripping his front door open, revealing myself to the cold air of picton. i shiver, but quickly wrap myself up in my big jacket.

i continue to run to my car in complete embarrassment, grabbing the door handle and quickly jumping into it, turning the key to make my car startup. the heater starts to blast put hot air, quickly making my cold car become warm. i quickly look up to see johnny staring out his bedroom window at me.

i swiftly turn away, stepping my foot on the exhilaration and speeding off down the road towards my house. my hands shake, hitting my steering wheel repeatedly as shock runs through my body. 

my phone starts to ring beside me. i look down from the road towards my phone to see johnny's name written across the screen. i shakily pick up my phone hitting the green button on the left-hand side of the screen.

"hello?" i whisper, with my voice cracking along with it.

"mackenzie, come back," he talks through the phone. "you did nothing wrong."

"i'm driving, johnny." i whimper. "and i did do something wrong. i bloody kissed you for crying out loud."

"pull the car over." he forcefully speaks.

"john-"

"kenz, pull the car over and turn right back around." i take a deep breath in and pull the car over allowing enough room for me to turn the car right around. "i'll wait out on my driveway." the line goes dead, leaving me in the silence.

i slowly, but surely drive down the road, following the same route. before i know it i'm sitting outside his house. i look up from my lap to see him in the driveway freezing his ass off. i start to feel bad so, i exit my warm car and enter the cold again.

i walk across the street, head down, arms crossed trying to give my body warmth. i walk closer and closer to him and before i know it i'm in his arms. "you did nothing wrong." he rubs my back, swaying us back and forth.

"i kissed you, johnny," i mumble into his chest. "you don't even like me like that." 

"you don't know that." he whispers into my dark brown hair. i scoff at his words.

"johnny, don't be ridiculous." he chuckles.

"come on, let's go inside and have a hot chocolate." he releases from the hug, leading me back into the house for the 2nd time today. we walk into the kitchen. i sit on the barstool while he prepares the hot chocolate.

once he has finished he places the hot cup in front of me and also in front of another chair for himself. "should we talk about it?" i awkwardly say, looking up from my steaming cup. 

"kenz," he takes a deep breath in, making me nervous. "before i practically admitted to you that i'm falling for you. like literally every single day." he looks up at me. i cough awkwardly, looking back down at my cup.

"look, maybe we should wait for another couple of weeks or something and see where all of this takes us." i nod, holding my cup snug in my hand.

"good idea," i give him a small smile as i look back up from my cup. "hey, i've gotta get home, but i'll see you at school tomorrow?" he nods, smiling. "bye, john." i kiss his cheek before exiting his house.

-

EWWWWIUIHIUGG

this book keeps getting worse and worse by the minute

hope you enjoy this ugly ass chapter

48 votes and 22 comments for the next chapter xx