01

『Even when love leaves, even when the heart is bruised』

How it all began. .

The rain began to worse by the second, the loud water dropping rapidly echoed through the streets. Everyone desperately looked for shelter from the madness, apologies, by everyone I mean hybrids. Mothers trying to guard their babies while humans were warm and cozy inside.

Something took place that very night.

In the house of a rich businessman, a young girl was slowly dying on a bed, her face becoming a pale color.

The door slammed open, two men came in , one holding a black cat by the neck, throwing it on the bed. The cat landed right next to the dying girl, angry that he'd been thrown.

"Revive her." The businessman, who was about in their 40's, demanded while walking in the room. The two men stood behind, watching every movement the cat did.

The black cat snickered. "Why would I do that?" He scoffed while glaring at the man.

The two men walked behind the businessman, the man held his hand out. "Stop, it's no use. He has to be willing to do it, you can't force it." The man stated as the two men stood back.

The businessman fell to his knees, closing his eyes tightly. "Please, I beg you! Bring me back my daughter," the older man pleaded, tears rolling through his face.

"Tell me my name and only then I will bring her back to you," the cat stated, bluntly.

Still on the floor, the businessman's eyes shot open. "W-what. I don't know your name, isn't there another way, anything please!" He begged, desperately.

"There is but unfortunately I can't bring her back," the cat climbed on top of the girl, patting her face.

The businessman lifted his head, "Why can't you? Is it something-"

"She's already dead, you ran out of time." The cat stated now licking his paw, carelessly.

The businessman, in rage, stood up. "Damn hybrid! I'll kill you, seize him!" He demanded, the two men standing back were now chasing the black cat.

The cat swiftly sprinted under the bed, one of the men lifted the blanket but was met with his claws.

"I can't see!" He called out in agony while falling to the floor. The blood flowed rapidly down his face. The other man quickly went to check on the bleeding man.

"Don't let the hybrid escape!" The businessman yelled.

The black cat was now a human, who had black hair, black cat ears and tail, trying to open the window in the room. Unfortunately, he was met with a bullet through his shoulder shot by the businessman.

"You're not going anywhere." The businessman scolded while walking towards the hybrid.

The hybrid caressed his shoulder and quickly slipped the window open, jumping out. The businessman ran towards the window, looking outside for the hybrid who just killed his daughter.

Now a small black cat, he kept running, ignoring the fact that it was raining. He didn't stop running, the pain in his shoulder arose, throbbing.

/ᐠ_ ꞈ _ᐟ\

Present day. .

"Stay away from that box, sweetie!" A mother called to her boy who curiously looked inside the cardboard box in front of the music store.

The boy saw a skinny black cat who smelled awful, his expression blank and grumpy

The boy saw a skinny black cat who smelled awful, his expression blank and grumpy. The black cat hissed at the boy, throwing his paw at him, luckily for the boy the mother pulled him back in time.

"You could have been hurt! Don't do that again." The mother lectured as her hand dripped blood, three bloody lines were now on her hand.

The black cat laid in the cardboard box, he whimpered a little, the pain still not leaving him. As people walked inside the store and left, they all ignored the black cat they were too afraid to approach.

Dogs, in curiosity, too approached the cat but were just as afraid. Some being met with his claws while others fled at his hiss.

Night was slowly approaching, the best time for the cat to roam around and scout for food.

The owner of the store decided to take matters in his own hands, he threw his hands. "Shoo! Go away, there are a bunch of strays living in the forest. You should-"

The black cat hissed once more, now a little more timid and weak.

"Fine have it your way. I'm calling  animal control tomorrow, we'll see who's hissing then." The bald headed man muttered, closing up the store for the night.

The black cat attempted to jump out the box but he fell back, he was too weak to jump out or even do anything. He attempted to change in his human form but noticed the camera outside the store, it would have been a fatal mistake to have done.

The cat laid on his back, staring up at the starry sky, all that ran through his mind were the words is this it? He heard fast footsteps, ignoring it as he slowly closed his eyes, accepting death.

The steps slowed down, now becoming louder as they got near the box.

It was a tall man with orange messy hair, wearing a black hoodie and ripped jeans, he bent down looking down at timid cat.

"Poor thing. You look starved and hurt, want to come home with me?" The voice softly asked and not surprisingly receiving a hiss and claws.

"You must not be fond of humans, it's understandable." The voice spoke, he touched his face feeling two scratch marks on his right cheek.

The man slowly took off his black hoodie, "Sorry about this." He apologised as he threw the hoodie over the cat's head, gently picking him up. 

"My name's Hoseok if you were wondering. I guess this is kind of considered kidnapping.." Hoseok joked as he walked home with the cat struggling under his hoodie.

『It’s just the moment, I was able to eat well』