09

『Even when love leaves, even when the heart is bruised』

Choi Eul arrived, she was a small petite girl with short black hair and wore a white dress. Hoseok stared at her, in admiration before Yoongi jumped on him, causing him to flinch. "Focus." Yoongi muttered in his ear.

"Right!" Hoseok blurted. "Let's start, shall we?" Hoseok asked turning to Eul.

Eul nodded. "Yeah, let's do this!" Eul cheered while grabbing a microphone. "You have a cute cat there, what's his name?" She asked, curious while Yoongi was glaring at her.

"Ah, it's..Yoongles!" Hoseok laughed knowing that Yoongi hates that name.

"Aw! Hi Yoongles, my name is Eul," she smiled. "Thanks for calling me, Hoseok." She thanked.

"I couldn't do it alone, let's start!" Hoseok said grabbing his own microphone and gently placing Yoongi in the backpack that laid on the floor.

"People! Children! Parents! Give me your ears, please!" some people grew curious and started listening while others ignored him. Hoseok continued, "I'm sure all of you heard or know of hybrids, the other species on earth. They are going to be banned soon, and I want your help to prevent. Hybrids are just like us, they have feelings just like us, they can talk and smart. Why is it that we shun them? Just cause they have ears and a tail? Cause they have fins or gills, or because they're different!" Hoseok spoke.

Eul speaks, "We can change this, we humans. I know that we can too accept hybrids, they live in fear because of us, that isn't us at all. I know hybrids, I'm friends with them and they are nothing that you think of,"

The two received boos by the crowd in front of them. Hoseok stepped up, "You might be wondering, why I love hybrids so much? Well, it's because I grew up with them, hybrids were my parents," the crowd stood silent hearing Hoseok very closely, "After my own mother left me, a black kitten guided me to the police station allowing a new family to take me in. Both my adoptive parents were hybrids," Yoongi perked his ears up, listening to Hoseok's words.

"They treated me just like their own. Sure, sometimes they would eat at the table as animals while I ate with my fingers but that didn't change anything. We all have our differences and we can learn to accept one another,"

The crowd stood silent, but soon enough one person started clapping causing the whole crowd to cheer.

"It's working?" Yoongi murmured while peeking at the crowd before him.

One man decided to speak up. "What the actual fuck. Two dipshits are trying to get us to be one with hybrids, please. Hybrids only cause trouble for us, crime-"

Eul cut him off. "Why do you think they're trouble? Cause we make them like that, we treat them like objects causing them to fire back, why? Cause they're like us,"

The man, angry, picked up an empty glass bottle and aimed it towards Hoseok and threw it, fast.

Hoseok watched as the bottle flew over the crowd of people, aiming right at his head, he tightly shut his eyes. Strangely, he heard gasps and screams coming from the crowd.

"No way! It's a black cat hybrid!"

"Impossible!"

Hoseok hesitantly opened his eyes. Yoongi's back was in front of him, in his human form, with the glass bottle in his hand.

"Yoongi!" Hoseok yelled, surprised.

"Sorry, Hoseok. But, I couldn't let that bottle hit you," Yoongi explained, turning around to face Hoseok. Yoongi quickly changed back into a small cat, jumping in Hoseok's arms.

Eul watched it all happen before her eyes, she was at a loss for words. Hoseok spotted in the crowd a flashlight, it was the flash on the phone. Someone was recording them.

"We have to go now!" Hoseok yelled while running down the stairs with Yoongi in his arms. The crowd instantly started chasing them, what did you expect?

The myth no longer remains a myth.
--

They obviously couldn't run back to Hoseok's car, the crowd would surely follow them. Instead, they kept running. "H-Hoseok, I have an idea," Yoongi said while bouncing in Hoseok's arms.

"What is it? I'm kind of in the middle of a run here," Hoseok asked desperately while panting.

"On the next corner let me go, don't say anything," Yoongi explained causing Hoseok to nod.

The next corner was just a few feet away, Hoseok turned it quickly. Yoongi jumped off his grasp and became a human, pulling Hoseok towards him. Hoseok towering him while Yoongi laid his head on Hoseok's shoulder.

Yoongi peeked over Hoseok's shoulder watching as the crowd run right past them.

Yoongi slipped in a small chuckle, facing back to Hoseok. "I'm actually surprised that worked," he laughed.

Hoseok's face was a pink tainted color, "

"Right."

/ᐠ_ ꞈ _ᐟ\

Hoseok and Yoongi arrived home safely after an hour making sure nobody followed them. Hoseok and Yoongi sat together on the couch in silence, Yoongi laying his head on Hoseok's lap, "So that's why you're a hybrid lover,"

Hoseok nodded. "Thanks for saving me back there, Yoon-"

"Gi." Yoongi finished. "It's not like I had a choice. That bottle would have hit you if I didn't-"

There was a knock on the door, interrupting Yoongi's sentence.

"Open up! we know the black cat hybrid is in here."

『It’s just the moment, I could eat fine』