08

『I just can't see you anymore』

Ever since that day, things started to get less complicated with Yoongi. The two have become closer, they no longer fought but instead laughed. The dance show, thanks to Namjoon, was set two months from now leaving plenty of time to practice.

Hoseok had come home, excited to see Yoongi, he had a special surprise for him he saved up for with little part-time jobs.

Hoseok opened the door and rushed inside, seeing Yoongi sleeping under the couch. He tiptoed towards the cat, making no noise. He slowly bent down, "Yoongles~" he sang.

Yoongi scrunched up his nose, making a little meow noise.

"I have a gift for you," Hoseok whispered.

Yoongi slowly opened his eyes, yawning at the sight of Hoseok. "Why'd you wake me up?" He asked, annoyed.

"Remember how you wanted a new bed?" Hoseok asked.

Yoongi jumped up, "You got it?" He asked, excited for his new bed instead of Hoseok's shoebox.

Hoseok nodded, pulling out a medium sized brown bed from the grocery bag. Yoongi instantly pounced towards it, smelling the aroma of his new bed.

"That's not the only thing I have," Hoseok winked. "I bought some cat toys for you!" He exclaimed while dumping the cat toys on the floor.

Yoongi winced as they dropped, "What the fuck. Just cause I'm a cat doesn't mean-"

Hoseok grabbed a laser pointer and pointed it to the ground causing Yoongi to go ballistic. Yoongi put his paws over the red dot as Hoseok moved it quickly. Hoseok laughed as Yoongi ran across the room, chasing the red dot.

"Lil meow meow~" Hoseok sang.

Hoseok turned off the laser pointer causing Yoongi to turn around and glare at him. Yoongi sprinted towards Hoseok, not realizing that he turned into his human form, he jumped on Hoseok, overwhelming him.

Yoongi hovered over Hoseok, his hands on the floor on floor, trapping him.

"Y-Yoongi, you're in your-"

Yoongi lifted his hand, staring at it. "Fuck!" He jumped back, "I guess I got too excited. Sorry about that," he joked, awkwardly while sitting on the floor.

"Hey, Yoongi?" Hoseok asked as he sat up. "You like the 'I was able to well' song, right?"

Yoongi eyes widened at his words. "Of course I do!" Yoongi exclaimed.

"How about we do some karaoke and get drunk!" Hoseok suggested while smiling brightly.

"I don't think you should drink," Yoongi murmured. "But that sounds like fun, I've never done that,"
-

"What use is it talking about the past? You go back~ What use it is to take out the aching heart? It's usless~" Hoseok sang while holding the laser pointer as a mic and wearing sunglasses.

"They say your only allowed to cry three times in your life so don't waste precious tears on pointless things~" Yoongi sang while Hoseok waved his hands back and forward.

Hoseok faced Yoongi. "Even when love leaves," "woo, woo!" "even when the heart is bruised~ It's just the moment, I was able to eat well~"

Hoseok hesitated to sing the next part, so Yoongi did it for him.

"It wasn't like I was going to die~" Yoongi sang loudly.

The two sang in unison, "~Bury the tears, just focus on work for-"

The song was interrupted by a ringtone, Hoseok rushed over to answer it. Yoongi sighed angrily, upset that their song was put on hold.

"Hoseok! Turn on your TV right now!" Namjoon demanded over the phone.

Yoongi, overhearing, picked up the remote and pushed the red button. Hoseok, confused, stood in front of the TV, holding his phone against his ear.

_

"There's going to be a new law enforced in this city. As of next week, all hybrids will be banned. There will be no hybrids, soon the whole country to the world," the representative spoke on the stand, crows cheered as he announced this.

"The police enforcement will check houses, search through forests, the sky and get rid of the hybrids once and for all. Starting with the adoption centers." The representative stated
_

Hoseok froze while watching the screen, he dropped his phone.

"Hoseok?" Yoongi asked while staring at Hoseok. "They don't want us here, maybe it's time-"

"No. I'm not letting that happen, I can't wait until the show, Yoongi. I'm going now," Hoseok called out as he grabbed his keys.

"Wait, I'm coming too." Yoongi said, behind Hoseok. "Bring your backpack, I can just sit in there," he suggested.

/ᐠ_ ꞈ _ᐟ\

Hoseok drove quickly, not wasting any time. Yoongi sat in the backpack on the passenger's side, confused on where they're going. "Where are we going?"

"To the park, it's about time I talk to these people. I called someone to help me if you don't mind,"

"Who'd you call?"

"Someone by the name of Choi Eul."
--

Hoseok climbed up the stairs to the white, modern bandstand, carrying his backpack with Yoongi inside. He gently set it down. "She should arrive in 5 minutes, I'll set up the mic beforehand," Hoseok explained.

"I don't think this will work," Yoongi murmured through the bag. "This is the dumbest idea you came up with. Yet,"

"You're so doubtful," Hoseok sighed. "Yoongi, no matter what happens. Stay in that backpack, I can't risk anyone seeing you," Hoseok said, concerned.

"I'm bad at keeping promises."

Everything changed that day. .

『so I'll think of you just to get by』