07

『Nothing will change if I hate you』

The next day Jungkook stopped by to pick up Taehyung.

"Wait so you knew Taehyung was a hybrid?!" Hoseok asked confused.

Jungkook nodded. "I mean yeah, I've seen him as a human before. It took a while but I got something on my landlord and I'm now blackmailing him!" The younger cheered.

"That's not some you want to be proud of Jungkook," The older laughed.

The younger shrugged. "Come on Taehyung. You can finally stay with me!" The younger motioned for Taehyung, before running towards him Taehyung stood in front of Hoseok.

"We can always see each other again, right?" Taehyung asked, hopeful.

Hoseok happily nodded. "For sure!"

"Tell Yoongles I'll be back!" Taehyung called out before entering the car.

Hoseok watched as the car drove away with Taehyung in it, he felt sad of course but a little bit of joy now that he doesn't have to do as much work.

When entering back inside Hoseok started gasping for air, slowly sliding down against the wall. He held his head tightly with throbbing with pain. "I..need to take a shower."
-

The water ran through Hoseok's orange hair and down his spine. He sat on the showers floor, holding his head tightly once more, trying to make the pain go away.

"Dammit! The painkillers aren't working!" Hoseok cried out. "Am I not eating healthy? Is it because I'm not helping the hybrids?" Hoseok angrily questioned himself.

Yoongi sat silently against the bathroom door, hearing every word that came out of Hoseok's mouth.

He heard a quiet croak from inside the bathroom.

"I need more time."

/ᐠ_ ꞈ _ᐟ\

Hoseok stepped out of the bathroom, the white towel on his shoulder. He began walking towards his room when.

"Wait, Hoseok." Yoongi called from behind causing Hoseok to turn around. "We need to talk,"

"About what?" Hoseok asked reluctantly.

"You want to help hybrids, right? I'm sorry about the way I talked to you the other day, I was a complete dick." Yoongi apologized.

Hoseok surprised at the sudden change in attitude. "Wait really? Your lying, right?" Hoseok questioned.

Yoongi shook his head.

Hoseok smiled brightly showing his cute dimples of his. "Let me get my notepad!" Hoseok rushed into his room and snatched the notepad he had laying on his desk.
-
The two sat together at the square table, across from each other. "So what did you have in mind?" Yoongi asked leaning forwards.

Hoseok flipped through his small notepad. "A fundraiser!" He exclaimed.

Yoongi flinched. "A fundraiser? For hybrids," he scoffed.

Hoseok nodded quickly.

"That's not a bad idea, I'm surprised you came up with that. How about combining that with your dancing?" Yoongi suggested.

"What do you mean?" Hoseok asked, confused.

"You were a dance instructor, so you can dance. What about doing something with that,"

Hoseok tilted his head. "Like a show?"

"Yeah, people would come to that. Do you have any people who are willing to do it with you?" Yoongi asked.

"I can ask my old students and Jungkook, but I don't know how the principal would feel about that," Hoseok sighed.

"Fuck the principal!" Yoongi scoffed. "It's not his decision whether they can or can't do it,"

Hoseok swiftly wrote it down, happy with the idea he and Yoongi came up with. "Thanks Yoongles!" He thanked quickly before realizing what he said.

Yoongi rolled his eyes, "It's Yoongi for the 100th time,"

"Sorry, thank you Yoongi. Really, I don't know what changed your mind. I know you hate humans and everything.." Hoseok trailed off.

There was a pause.

"Humans killed my mother," before Hoseok could say anything he got cut off. "You know the myth or tale, right? The black cat crap. It's true, and because we were so limited. The humans that bought me used my mother for their own need, I watched it all happen during a thunderstorm. She was the only person I had." He murmured staring at Hoseok's pen.

Hoseok didn't say anything, speechless that Yoongi is even sharing something so sensitive  with him.

"I-i don't know what it feels like to have your own mother killed, but I do know how it feels like to have her gone," Hoseok softly spoke, letting his pen own drop.

For once, the two have something in common to relate to and something to  cry to together.

Yoongi finally asked the question that had been aching him ever since Hoseok took him home that night.

"Why did you take me in, Hoseok?" Yoongi asked.

Hoseok awkwardly scratched his head. "Well, you reminded me of a black kitten I met as a child. The kitten guided me to the police station when my mom abandoned me at a park. I never got to say thank you which I'm kind of sad about," Hoseok chuckled, trying to bring light in the darkness.

Soon those chuckles turned into tears, streaming down his face. "Why is it that everyone leaves me..?" Hoseok mumbled, forcing a smile.

Yoongi, as a cat, instantly ran across the table, jumping onto Hoseok's chest. His paws were wrapped around Hoseok's neck and his head against his chest without saying a word. Soon enough Hoseok felt wetness on his chest.

They were Yoongi's tears.

『so I’ll just keep loving you』