Chapter 32

2 August 1967

ADALINE'S POV

Today was the day. Today I become Mrs. McCartney. After the last few years not working out the way I had planned, I finally get to settle down and start my life with the man I love.

We weren't having many people attend the wedding. Paul and I decided to keep it small, so it was just us, Mike, Meredith, Jim McCartney, and Madelynn. I was surprised when Paul said none of the lads would be attending, but I didn't push the topic.

Anyway, Paul, Madelynn and I were already at the registry office. We were waiting on Meredith, Mike and Jim to arrive.

"Papa!" I heard Madelynn yell as she ran down the hall over to Jim.

"There's my beautiful granddaughter." He said as he picked her up. "Sorry we're late, your brother got caught up with some things."

Meredith rolled her eyes and looked at Mike. "I told him to give himself more time. He almost always makes us late."

"I do..but that's what you love about me." He said as he wrapped his arms around her. I think I may have forgot to mention, not too long ago Meredith and Mike started dating. Ever since Madelynn's party last year they've been talking. I couldn't be more thrilled.

"Well, we're all here. Let's get you two married." Mike said as Paul turned to me with a smile.

"Ready?"

I gave him a nod and a smile. The six of us went over to the registrar and the ceremony began. After giving our vows and saying our 'I do's' we finally heard the words we'd been waiting for.

"I now pronounce you man and wife."

Paul pulled me to him and kissed me deeply. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held tightly onto him.

"I love you so much, Mrs. McCartney.." he whispered in my ear.

"I love you too, Mr. McCartney."

Mike and Jim began to congratulate Paul as Meredith turned to me.

"I carnt believe you're finally married!" She squealed as she hugged me. "I'm very happy for you, Addie."

"Thank you so much! And thank you for being here. I'm glad I had my best friend by my side through all of this."

"There she is, my new sister-in-law." Mike said as he hugged me. "Welcome to the Macs."

"Thank you, Mike. I'm thrilled to finally have married your brother." I said with a smile as I glanced over to Paul who was talking with Madelynn and Jim.

"He's lucky to have finally settled down with a fab bird." He pulled Meredith close to him and smiled at her. "And I'm lucky that you introduced me to this one. I don't know what I'd do without her."

Meredith began to blush like mad as I let out a giggle. "I'm glad you two got together. When you met at Mady's first birthday party Isaac and I knew you'd hit it off."

"Mummy!"

"Speaking of." I kneeled down and picked Madelynn up. "Hi princess!"

We all socialised for a while until Paul turned to me.

"We should probably head out soon, love."

"Alright. Let's go say goodbye to our princess." I nodded lightly as we went over to Mady, who was with Jim.

"Come here, baby girl." Paul said as he picked her up. "Mummy and I are going to go soon. We'll be back in a few days."

She shook her head and held tightly onto him. "No go.."