Chapter 58

3 January 1970

PAUL'S POV

Today George, Ringo and I were back in the studio to finish up on the album. It felt strange being back in here. It was difficult knowing this would be it for us. Once we finished this track and such we'll very likely be done.

With that it allows me to work on my solo album. Since we were starting extra early so that we could get home early, it gave me the perfect chance to work here in the studio with George Martin after the others left. I've been working on a song for Adaline, but she couldn't know about it yet. I've done a lot at the studio at home, but there's more I need GM's help on.

"Well, this feels strange." George said as he looked around.

"Three of us instead of four. It's a change." Ringo sat down at his drum set.

I stood there looking over where John usually kept his things. This is it. This was actually the way things are now.

"Paul? Mate?"

Snapping out of my thoughts, I looked up to see them both staring at me. "Huh?"

"You alright?"

"Hmm? Yeah, 'm okay." I picked up my guitar. "So, we're doing 'I Me Mine' yeah?"

"Yeah. If we can get this recorded I'll be happy."

We all grabbed our instruments and looked over to where John usually was.

"So no John then?" Ringo asked.

"I talked to him. He said he and Yoko are on holiday in Denmark. Didn't want to come back for it." George said as he turned to me. "Have you heard from him at all?"

I shook my head. "No. Addie, the kids and I had been up in Scotland for the last few months."

"How's she doing? Not too long until the baby's due, right?"

"She's doing great. Yeah, only about two more months until the baby's here. She's getting anxious. As are the kids, mostly Mady."

"Oh, I bet. Mo said she's really hoping for a little sister."

"She is. All she talks about is her baby sister. Hopefully we're having a girl so she's not disappointed." I smiled. "Enough about that, let's get started, yeah?"

And with that we began recording. It took us a bit to get the feel of things again. There was some debate on how things should go, but George was in charge with this one. He mostly took control for those few hours.

"The last one we did was a lot better. Things flowed together the way I want them." George said contently.

"The ending to that one was better too. Sorry about the last one, mate, I don't know what happened there." I admitted. "My mind just...I don't know."

"S'okay. The first few were pretty rough anyway."

"Guess we needed to get back into the groove after being away for as long as we were."

"I agree with that."

"I'm ready to call it a day, I dunno about you both. We can pick up where we left off tomorrow." George put down his guitar. "I have to meet Pattie and her sister for dinner."

"Yeah, I'm okay with calling it a day. I bet Mo's pretty worn out with the boys. Zak's been a wild one lately."

"Mady's been the same way. She's very go go go. Rose can barely keep up with her."