Chapter Eight

"Jungkook, I.... I'm sorry. Your mother's been in an accident. I already called your boss and he said that it's alright if you left work, I'd feel better if you were here with me."

The brunette boy stood in shock, Dazed and unsure what to do. If felt as if his limbs didn't belong to him anymore. Like they'd been chopped off, yet still attached to his body.

The next thing that he did felt almost as if it were a reflex. Just his body acting on it's own. His mind took no part in it.

Jungkook raced down the corridor of the lobby, not caring that his eyes were red and glassy. He felt as though they would burst any moment from the heavy bundle of tears that he so skillfully held hidden.

The boy didn't even bother to mention to any of his co-workers that he was leaving work. It had never accrued to him. The only thing consuming his thoughts was his mother.

"Dad?!" Jungkook yelled as he stumbled through the doors of the emergency room. His eyes caught sight of a familiar slouched figure at the end of the hall.
"Dad!!" He leaped into a hug with his father. "I'm so sorry, son." His Dad said, voice trembling.

"Can we see her, yet?"

"They said that they'll allow us to see her as soon as she's stable."

"She's n-not... It was that bad?" Jungkook let out in nothing more than a whisper. His voice had finally began to crack, and his knees were starting to give in.

"It was a drunk driver, Kookie. Your mom's car was upside down when they found her."

Jungkook then decided that his eyes couldn't hold back anymore tears, as he felt one leave his eye and trail a thin, wet stripe down his cheek.

The realization had finally set in when he looked through a small clear slab of the hospital door and saw his mother, two nurses working tentatively on either side of her. She had wires coming out of every one of her limbs it seemed like, And the nurses were doing nothing but poking and prodding her with even more.

Tears had now began to flow from his swollen eyes in what seemed like an unending stream of the salty liquid.

Jungkook felt his dad's hand on his shoulder.
"Jungkook, hun. I know it's hard, but she needs to rest," his dad grabbed both of his arms and turned the boy around to face him, "and you do too, son. Why don't you go home and sleep. I'm going to stay here with her."

Jungkook looked down and slowly nodded, feeling too weak to even attempt to put up a fight.

Taehyung sat in his office, doing work as usual. He began to grow bored of doing the same thing all day.
I wonder what jungkook's doing, I haven't seen him all day.

After Taehyung had went to look for the younger boy, and failed miserably, he decided to make his way to Mr, Kim's office.

"Dad," He said as he popped his head in the door, his dad giving a questioning glare that he was all too familiar with, "do you know where Jungkook is? I can't find him anywhere."

"Mr. Jeon went home early for family reasons. It's none of your concern."

"Do you know what family reasons, exactly?"

"Kim Taehyung, I didn't raise you to be a nosy pest. It's none of your business what that boy or his family are going through, and I don't want you involving yourself in it just so you can make matters worse."