Chapter Seventeen

Taehyung was completely exhausted. He'd spent the last hour trying to come up with a way to make it up to his baby—if he was even able to call him that anymore.

After a very confusing and frustrating search throughout the streets of Seoul, he found himself stumped. The brunette sat in defeat at an outdoor table in front of a random coffee shop.

He didn't even know where he was, he just really needed to sit down, and this was the closest to where he was at the moment.

What the fuck am I supposed to do with all of this?!
Taehyung thought, fixating his attention on his many shopping bags.

While Taehyung had wandered the city, trying to spark an idea of how to get Jungkook to forgive him, there were lots of things that reminded him of the sweet boy.

Yes, it was very foolish. But the pretty baby was the only thing consuming his thoughts, so obviously he was going to buy everything that the older thought suited him.

He was pretty sure that the younger wouldn't want any of it, which caused him to sigh, because what the hell would he do with it? After all, Taehyung had just  Bought anything that caught his attention, anything that made him think of the younger boy. He wasn't even entirely sure what he had bought for him, either.

There were three large shopping bags that rested underneath the table, and two that hung off of his arm. Along with four or so others that he had previously put in his car before going back on his quest, being unable to hold everything himself.

I'm such a money-absorbed asshole. He's not going to like anything. I'll just return it.

Taehyung said, letting out a sigh as he stood up, gathering the bags filled with items he'd previously bought for the boy.

"Are you sure your going to be okay, Kookie?" Yoongi asked in concern when they'd made it to the doorstep of Jungkook's house.

"Yes, hyung. Just go. I know you want to be with Hoseok." Jungkook teased, a smile forming on his lips.

"But, I...I know you've been through a lot today. Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you? Even for a little bit? I have some extra time, I don't mind."

"No, it's really okay, hyung," Jungkook giggled,
"Besides, I still have homework to do. I'm a collage student, remember?"

"Oh, right." Yoongi said, suddenly remembering how young Jungkook is. Something about that made him feel somewhat perverted. But why? It's not like he had any feelings towards the sweet, baby bunny-looking boy, right? Plus, he had a boyfriend, and Yoongi was loyal.

"Okay, well, tell me if you want me to come back. I promise you I will, whatever I'm doing. Just call me, okay?" Yoongi said, gripping Jungkook's small shoulders.

"Okay, I will. I promise." Jungkook smiled, shimmying out of Yoongi's hold and pushing him slightly towards his car. "Now go, hyung. I'm fine."

"Bye, bunny."

Boom.

Jungkook felt a sharp pain in his chest as he heard that nickname leave the older's lips. Suddenly thinking of someone who used to call him that.

He didn't want Yoongi to see his sudden change in mood, so he shuffled quickly into his home before the other could notice his now not-so-cheery face.

Jungkook was so tired of feelings. How did he still have them for Taehyung, after everything that he put him through?

Why did I have to fall for such a fucking asshole?

After doing what seemed like two hours worth of studying, Jungkook decided to spend a few rewarding minutes on his phone.

His face suddenly perked up as he got a text message from his best friend.

Chimmychim.95: hey beach

JeonggukieJeon: what's up

Chimmychim.95: What's your address

Chimmychim.95: I want to send you smth for your birthday

JeonggukieJeon: ok

Jungkook didn't know why Jimin wanted his address, but he sent it to him anyway when the other assured him that it was to send him something in the mail as a gift.

For some reason, it made him happy to know that someone had actually thought of him. Yeah, his parents knew that it was his birthday, obviously. But there was just something about someone other than his parents caring about him that made his chest feel warm and tingly.

Jungkook hadn't even realized that it was night until he could barely see a few feet in front of him. The boy being too lazy to get up and turn on a light, he just slumped out of his desk chair and into his warm, welcoming bed.

Just as he began to drift off to sleep, his phone received a text message.

I'll just leave it be. It's probably irrelevant, anyway. It's super late, go to sleep.

Plus, Jungkook was in a really comfortable position, and he didn't feel like getting up just to answer a stupid text message. He was tired.

Surely enough, the boy drifted off again. It was so peaceful. Jungkook wished that he could just sleep forever, letting his problems melt away.

However, the 'ding' sound from his phone echoed repeatedly in his head. Jungkook was never one to ignore a text if he could help it. If it was something important, he should at least know what's going on. He finally got up, grabbing his phone and turning it on. He squinted at the brightness of his screen. Then, the boy's eyes adjusted. He caught a glimpse of the notification on his screen. And just then, his eyes widened out of disbelief, making them water at the corners.

 And just then, his eyes widened out of disbelief, making them water at the corners