Chapter Twenty-Four

"Tae! W-why are you crying?! W-what did I do?!" Jungkook asked worriedly, running up to Taehyung, only to have the older back away immediately.

Jungkooks heart nearly dropped at that.

"Don't... I don't..." Taehyung mumbled incoherently, further confusing the boy in front of him who's eyes also became glossy.

Taehyung immediately ran to the younger boy, "No! Don't cry, please! This isn't your fault, it's mine."
Taehyung pulled the younger boy close, cupping his puffy cheeks with one hand as he ran his other through the baby boy's soft locks.

"Baby, please don't cry." Taehyung said, feeling his tears halting as he became relaxed while hugging the small boy.

Taehyung now realized that Jungkook, the sensitive boy with pretty bunny teeth and adorable doe eyes, had become his therapy. Just being in the younger boy's embrace made him feel at home. Like nothing in the world mattered except for them.

"B-but, but then why are—why are you crying?" Jungkook hiccuped, leaning into the older's hand.

"I... I just—Kookie, I don't deserve you, I really don't."

Before Jungkook could protest, he continued. Determined to pour out everything that had been confined inside his heart for the small boy.

"Ever since we met, I've been a complete asshole. I even did stupid, stupid things just to make you jealous. I'm such an idiot. I didn't realize how bad you were hurting, all I could focus on was how I felt. I did such awful things and acted so disgustingly cruel to you, just because I hated the way other guys looked at you. And yet, I still find you at my doorstep, all cute and hopeful, willing to get hurt again." Taehyung said, his voice gradually becoming softer until it had become nothing louder than merely a whisper.

"I know you did those things, Tae. You really, really hurt me, but, I..."

Taehyung grew silent, awaiting the boy's next words.

"But I-"

Jungkook suddenly clasped his hand over his mouth, running to a nearby bush and bending over, hacking out all of the contents in his stomach.

Shit, Taehyung remembered, He's drunk, I forgot.

Taehyung crouched beside the boy who had tears running down his cheeks. After all, Jungkook wasn't used to alcohol in the slightest. He didn't know what to do, so he just rubbed delicately up and down the younger boy's back.

When Jungkook felt he was finished, or rather, he ran out of things to throw up, Taehyung took off his blazer, using the sleeve to wipe the boy's mouth clean.

"You probably don't feel good. Come inside, bunny."

Jungkook couldn't say anything, saying as though he was still coughing excessively from the acid that lay at the back of his throat.

Taehyung helped the boy stand up, before basically carrying Jungkook into his house. Though, he didn't mind. It made him feel like he was actually doing something for his baby.

"Do you want something to eat? Or do you just want to go to sleep?"

When Jungkook stayed silent, Taehyung's eyes suddenly flooded with worry.

"O-or you want to go home! In that case, I'll drive you home!" Taehyung rambled, embarrassed that he wanted the younger boy to stay with him. Jungkook was probably tired and just wanted to sleep in his own bed.

"I d-don't think I can make it through a car ride without throwing up. Can I just s-sleep here?" Jungkook managed to croak out.

Taehyung tried his very hardest not to show the grin that oh so desperately wanted to show itself when he heard that Jungkook wanted to stay.

"Oh course, baby."

When they made it up to his room—Taehyung's bedroom very well being the size of Jungkook's whole bottom floor of his house, Taehyung gestured for the boy to lay in his bed.

Jungkook flopped onto the plush mattress without hesitation, immediately allowing himself to sink into the welcoming material. He didn't realize until now just how much money could do, Jungkook could just fall asleep right then and there.

"Kookie, I'm gonna go sleep in the guest room. It's down the hall and two doors to the left if you need anything."

Jungkook's eyes widened in horror. The boy snapped up and latched onto the older like his life depended on it. The quickness suddenly making him nauseous again.

"No! Please stay here!" Jungkook pleaded, and Taehyung thought he would melt. How could he ever say no to those sparkling Bambi eyes?

"Okay, okay. I'll stay here." Taehyung said with a little too much pride as he walked back to the bed, laying himself down next to the younger boy.

Taehyung hadn't even been given the chance to lay down when the small drunken boy attached himself to his side, cuddling into his chest.

The younger boy reeked of alcohol, but Taehyung didn't seem to care. No, he didn't care. His heart was beating too fast for him to even notice the rancid smell.

That night, Taehyung slept approximately three hours.

His night was filled with sporadically waking up every hour or so. Every time Jungkook would so much as cough, or shift uncomfortably, Taehyung would be awake not a second later, worried for his baby boy.

After waking up every time, getting back to sleep was the real task. He'd always found himself staring at the peaceful bunny boy, listening to his peaceful little huffs of air. He thought everything about him was too perfect.

It was almost as if...

It was a little too good to be true.