Chapter Sixteen

Taehyung entered the company, his thoughts running wild while his head pounded in his ears.

He had avoided talking to anyone. He just wasn't in the mood.

Then, at the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of a petite brunette boy flailing his arms in anger in one of the near corridors.

He couldn't make out any distinguishing words, but he could tell that Jungkook was angry.

Taehyung chuckled silently at the boy's cute, childish demeanor. His mood had almost lifted. Almost.

But just when he thought he was becoming happier looking at the adorable boy, his thoughts crashed in an unrelenting ball of fire.

A hand reached out from where Taehyung didn't notice, slowly caressing Jungkook's shoulder, calming the boy down.

Yoongi. I should've known.

Taehyung's breathing had become more aggressive and unsteady. If he hadn't noticed it at first, then the people around him surely had. A few people had turned heads at Taehyung's sudden change of mood.

The male had gone from 'in a bad mood' to 'going to kill someone' , all in a matter of seconds. And the fact that it only took one certain boy to do that, just angered him even more.

He walked—more like paced— away from the two. He had no idea where he was going, he just needed to get as far away as possible before he ended up doing something he would deeply regret.

But little did he know, that what he did next, he would regret a thousand times more.

As he rounded a corner, he saw Hye Soo in the lounge, making coffee. Something in that moment struck him hard. Like a switch had flipped, and the old Taehyung was momentarily forgotten. A new Taehyung had replaced his emotions, numbing how he felt. How completely alone he felt.

He walked into the lounge, anger clearly written all over his defined features. Hye Soo's eyes widened in surprise as she saw the other getting near.

"Taehyung, wha-"

Before she could finish her sentence, Taehyung crashed his lips against hers.

Taehyung hated it. It felt disgusting. But it was nowhere near how disgusting he felt at the time.

He hoped that it would somehow numb his feelings, but instead it did the opposite. The only thing he could think about was Jungkook.

Jungkook, Jungkook, Jungkook. Jungkook is my baby, not this skank. I need my baby.

Tears started to fill his vision, only making him kiss harder. He hated this. Every second. But most of all, he hated himself.

Just as he thought his self hatred was too much to handle. he heard a sniffle come from behind him. He broke the kiss—if you could even call it a kiss—and whipped around to see the source of the noise.

Oh, how he wished he hadn't looked.

Jungkook stood at the entrance of the lounge, tears shamelessly rolling down his puffy cheeks. His lip was quivering uncontrollably, as well as his legs.

"Jungkook, w-when did you get here?" Taehyung said, wiping the saliva off of his lips.

"I..I d-don't...I.." jungkook tried to form a coherent sentence, but couldn't get anything through his rapid, unending hiccups. His arms and knees were shaking so much, and his chest. Oh, his chest hurt so bad. It's was like someone had reached inside his body and crushed his heart, Literally as well as metaphorically.

Taehyung didn't know what to do either. Hye Soo grabbed his arm, trying to get his attention, but he snapped it away. More out of disgust of himself than of her.

For whatever reason, Taehyung made his way towards the sobbing boy. Who, in turn, started backing away.

Taehyung grabbed the younger's arm, the boy immediately letting out a yelp as he jumped away.

"No! I-I....I-I'm f-fine!" Jungkook choked, before turning and running out of the room.

What the fuck is wrong with you, Kim Taehyung? Why can't you just let him go? You've put him through enough pain.

Jungkook stumbled out of the room, a large bundle of cries threatening to spill from his throat. Not even halfway out of the hallway, he ran into a firm chest.

"Jungkookie, what's wrong? What happened?" Yoongi said, panicking. He cupped the younger boy's face, making it face his. Yoongi looked into the brunette's eyes, wiping the ongoing streams of tears on either side of his face.

"He..H-he..."

"Shh, don't talk." Yoongi hushed him, hoping that it would calm him down to some degree. He held the younger boy close as they walked down to Yoongi's office.

Yes, he had an office. After all, he was an even higher up position than Taehyung, the CEO's son.

Yoongi hadn't let the boy go until they made it to one of the couches in his office, he sat Jungkook down when the younger had finally stopped choking on his own sobs.

The older sat next to him on the couch, silence building up in the large office—perhaps even larger than Mr. Kim's.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Yoongi asked, remembering that some people are more comfortable when talking about their problems than others. Jungkook only shook his head in reply, not bothering to make eye-contact with the other, as he stared at the floor with his glossy, puffy doe eyes.

The older nodded, and simply guided the younger boy's head back to his leg. Jungkook needed to rest, after whatever had made him cry like this.

So, the two sat in silence, in relatively the same position that they had been in earlier at the park.

It was truly ironic. That roughly an hour ago, the two were in the same position, but only then did they feel at peace. How funny that two mirrored events, could be polar opposites only separated by time.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was in his office, feeling like complete and utter garbage. He desperately wanted to make it up to the younger, but why would he accept it, after all he'd done to him? Taehyung didn't blame the boy.

His thoughts bounced around his skull to the point where he thought the hard bone would split in half.
Until he couldn't take it anymore.

Taehyung picked up the phone next to his computer, dialing the number for the front desk in the lobby.

"This is Kim Taehyung, tell my father I'm going out for a few hours."

"Mr. Kim, might I ask where you are going?"

"I'm going shopping."