Chapter Nine

"What did you just say?" Taehyung questioned, wide-eyed. He was positive he had heard him wrong.

"Can.... you s-stay?" Jungkook said, his voice cracking. The boy already felt another series of cries threatening to spill from the back of his throat.

"I d-don't wanna be al-lone.." The younger told, "Taetae, p-please... Don't leave me a-alone..." the brunette once again broke down into a fit of sobs.

Taehyung tried his hardest not to start crying himself, determined that Jungkook would be the only one bearing tears. Also, because he certainly didn't miss the cute nickname Jungkook called him that made his stomach do backflips.

"Shh, it's okay bunny. I'm not going anywhere." He assured, rubbing circles on the younger's wet cheek.

Jeongguk inched back on the bed to make room for the other, who gladly took the opportunity to climb onto the bed.

Taehyung leaned his back against the headboard of the bed, allowing the younger boy to climb on his chest and snuggle into the crook of his neck.

The older knew for sure that his shirt was soaked from the other's tears, but who cares? Certainly not Taehyung.

He ran his hand up and down the latter's back in a comforting manner, hoping that it would calm him. And if he was telling the truth, it had become a sense of comfort for himself as well.

"Kook, are you awake?" Taehyung questioned. Only to be answered by a soft snore that left the boy's pink lips.

The older smiled knowing that he had successfully put the boy to sleep. He allowed his hand to stop rubbing circles on Jungkook's back, but it still lingered in between the younger's shoulder blades.

He wondered whether he should leave and let the sleeping brunette rest, until he remembered how terrified the younger had looked at the thought of  being alone.

Taehyung let out a deep, defeated sigh, before sliding down the headboard of the bed in which he previously lay, and relaxed into one of the pillows. Jungkook still remained fast asleep on his chest, his cheeks stained from his own hot tears.

The older decided that it was late, as he allowed himself to drift off into a heavy slumber.

The next morning, Jungkook woke up on his side. He felt refreshed from a good night's rest.

That is until it hit him.

"O-oh my god.." the boy whispered into thin air, suddenly remembering that his mom had just barely survived a car accident the day before, and was now lying in a hospital bed getting poked with needles by complete strangers.

Then something else occurred to him.

That was not his arm around his waist.

Jungkook tried not to squeal when he remembered that Taehyung. The Kim Taehyung, was laying in bed beside him, spooning the boy.

He covered his mouth, hoping not to release any embarrassing noises that would potentially wake up the older boy.

But he failed, saying as though the body pressed up against his backside shuffled around, then he heard a deep, raspy voice. "G'morning sunshine."

Jungkooks eyes fluttered shut at the sound of the older's deep morning voice. Not meaning to, a soft gasp left his lips, certainly not missed by the oldest.

"Oh," he heard the latter behind him once again, before a long arm wrapped around him. With one swift move, the boy was quickly whipped around. They now lay face-to-face, No more than a couple of inches between them.

"It appears that someone likes the sound of my voice, huh?" He said with a smirk. He scooted close enough for their noses to touch. Jungkook, being the boy that he is, was already frozen, a hot red blush creeping up his ears.

Taehyung then changed his direction, and ended up right next to the younger boy's ear. "Well, it is a bit deeper in the morning, don't you think?" Taehyung said, sending a hard shiver down his spine. The smirk was still clearly evident in his voice.

The younger boy hated how much of an affect that Taehyung had on him. The fact that he only needed to speak to make Jungkook flustered, caused the other to be slightly afraid of him.

But of course, what would a morning with Taehyung be, if it wasn't filled with sinful teasing? Jungkook should be used to it by now, yet he still gets flustered to the point where he almost can't breathe.

Jungkook was suddenly broken from his thoughts when the older nibbled on his lobe, causing the younger to shudder. Taehyung let out a deep chuckle at how cute the younger boy was being.

He backed away slowly, and his face softened as he looked at the smaller brunette. Taehyung tilted his head as he brushed a few strands of hair from the boy's face.

"You want something to eat, cutie?"

After the they had decided on making pancakes, the two boys made their way into the kitchen to make breakfast. There was a slight quarrel in between, both arguing whether to have chocolate chip or peanut butter pancakes.

"Why would you put peanut butter in pancakes? That's so nasty! What the fuck?"

"Babe, you've never even tried it, how do you know you won't like it?"

"B-because! I just know..."

"See? Kookie, you'll never know unless you try it."

"I don't wanna try it!!"

The two had been arguing for a good five minutes, and Taehyung had grown bored of trying to persuade the younger.

"Jungkook-ah." He announced, Jungkook could've sworn that his voice was at least an octave lower.
God damn it. Jungkook, your too easy.

"Y-yes?"

"You're going to try them."

"T-that's not fair! Taetae, y-you can't do that!"

Taehyung stepped closer to the younger boy, not surprised when Jungkook froze.
"It wasn't a question, cupcake."

Jungkook hated how Taehyung always resorted to intimidating the younger to get him to comply. But what he hated even more was that he always ended up listening anyway, even though it was just that. Stupid, childish teasing.

"Fine. But don't think I'm going to like them just because you told me to eat them." Jungkook said, unconsciously sticking his bottom lip out to form a pout.

Taehyung thought the younger's childlike tantrum was adorable. It was so cute that he swore he could almost just-

Shit.

To both of their surprise, Taehyung leaned forward and attached their lips.