Chapter Nineteen

"What? Why? I thought you two were close." Jungkook stated, genuinely confused. He didn't know why Yoongi suddenly opposed of the younger boy accepting Taehyung's apology.

"Jeon Jungkook, I don't want you to forgive him."

It was just something about the way that Yoongi spoke that sentence that irked Jungkook. The way his tone was laced with authority, as if he was an owner telling a dog to 'stay put'. He didn't want to get mad, he really didn't. Especially at Yoongi. But he couldn't help himself.

"I just don't want to see you get hurt again."

"I don't think it'll be too bad for me to handle. I'm actually an adult, if you hadn't noticed." Jungkook deadpanned, his stubbornness seeping through his voice while his ears tinted pink from frustration.

Yoongi scoffed in annoyance, only further intensifying the small scowl that played across he smaller boy's face.

"You're missing the whole point, Kook. He's hurt you so many times, don't you get it? Just because he apologized doesn't mean he's actually sorry. You're right, I do know him. I know him well enough to know that guys like him don't change overnight. Especially Taehyung. You need to realize that everything's not a fairytale and stop being so naive. People are going to play you. Even the people you care for the most."

Guilt instantly swirled inside Yoongi's chest, making it almost difficult to breathe. He knew he'd gone too far, but he wasn't going to back down now. Jungkook needed to realize that—as harsh and cold as it was—what he said was the truth.

Jungkook didn't know what to say, so he just sat there in complete shock.

He mentally thanked the gods when someone stepped into the office, forcing away the unsettling tension in the large room.

"Jeon Jungkook?"

It took the boy a few seconds to register what was going on. After a moment he turned his head away from Yoongi and met eyes with a short woman—probably as old as Mr. Kim.

"Y-yes?" He replied, voice shaky, having not fully recovered from his previous argument.

"You have a visitor."

Whoever it was, Jungkook happily obliged, standing up and leaving the office with the older woman. He could care less who had come to see him, and more about getting as far away from that room as possible. This was his and Yoongi's first fight. And as much as he hated to admit it, Yoongi was right. He knew that everything he had told the younger boy was true. But his heart. Oh, his stupid little heart.

It didn't want to listen to the truth.

When Jungkook made it down to the main lobby, he was met with a surprisingly short blonde boy sitting at a small table. The brunette could have sworn that he had never seen him before. Was he his visitor?

As soon as the mere question popped into his mind, it was instantly answered when the blonde boy perked up, his eyes fixated on Jungkook.

"Kookie!" The boy said, running to him, as if he'd known him forever. Jungkook couldn't have been more confused in his life.

Oh god, I don't know him. Did I lose my memory? Please, lord, please help me remember him so I don't look like an asshole.

Before Jungkook could think of how he'd known the boy, he was tackled by the shorter one's warm embrace.

Although he had no idea why there was a stranger hugging him, Jungkook giggled softly, hugging the blonde boy back tightly. There was just something about him that made him so cute and huggable.

Before there hug could last long, the shorter boy pulled away quickly with a gasp.

"Oh my gosh, where are my manners? You don't even know who I am! But... I saw you and I got carried away..." he trailed off.

The way The blonde spoke sounded somewhat familiar, but he was positive that he'd never met the boy in his life.

"The name's Jimin. Park Jimin." The boy said with a face of stone, his arms folded. He then stepped back and pointed finger guns, imitating a 'pew' sound.

He James Bond impersonation distracted Jungkook of what the other boy had actually said. It took a while for him to realize what he'd said.

"Wait... You're.. Jimin?" Jungkook said with wide eyes, making the short blonde visibly nervous.

"Y-yes.." Jimin said looking down.

"Jiminie!" Jungkook hugged the blonde boy tighter than before, actually picking him up this time.

The two laughed as they spun around, both of their memories clouded with a conversation that they had a few weeks back.

'What are we going to do if we ever meet in public? Like we both live in Seoul, were bound to run into eachother' Jimin had texted, causing the boy on the other side of the conversation to laugh.

'Jimin, Seoul is gigantic lolol'

'You know what I mean!'

'Well in that case, we'll make a big scene and I'll pick you up and spin you around so that people think we're crazy'

'That's so gay yES LETS DOIT'

"So, how did you even find me, anyway?" Jungkook asked as they were now sitting at a table in a café. It was Jungkook's break and the two decided to leave the company to catch up with his now 'irl' best friend.

Jungkook knew that it wasn't a good idea to not tell Yoongi that they were leaving. Yes, he was mad at the guy, but he was still his monitor and he had to be with him at all times while at work. He knew he was never going to hear the end of it when he got back.

"Do you remember when I asked you to send me your address to send you a gift?" Jimin asked with a smug eyebrow raised. Jungkook nodded.

"Well... I'm the gift!!" He yelled, pulling out a bow from his back pocket and putting on his head, only to have it not stick and fall off. He almost fell off his chair trying to grab the bow as it fell to the ground.

Jungkook laughed loudly, not caring about the people staring at them. Jimin was exactly how he pictured his online best friend to be.

My birthday might actually be fun this year.
The boy thought, smiling.

Little did he know, that tonight would be a lot more things than 'fun'.