♡Chapter Three♡

Chapter 3

"Every year!" Dana angrily said, arms flailing around her for the third time, "we wait until the very last minute, and now look!"

"It's practically a tradition at this point," Honey giggled, "and in true nature! It's our last year, Dana, we had to!"

Dana rolled her eyes, but her smile was evident at her friend's amusement. They had awoken late just like they had yesterday and just like most days the two spent together - it was very hard to get them out of bed.

They had stayed up later than they should again, watching different films and Honey was trying with all her might to get Dana to listen to her music taste. Dana preferred modern music rather than the eighties music Honey was immersed in, and as much as Honey didn't mind Dana's music - she just much preferred her own.

"Everything is going to be out of stock, or something!" Dana huffed, trying to use the lame excuse like she always did.

"It's Diagon Alley, Dana. We're surrounded by magic and I'm not quite sure that things can go out of stock here." Dana waved her off, shoving through a hound of kids that she was sure was the new first years and even slipping by their parents with a mere roll of her eyes as they crowded the streets, purebloods mostly, she noticed by the robes.

Honey muttered quiet apologies in passing, holding the arm of a young girl who stumbled so hard she almost fell and whilst she was much shorter than Honey - she saw the apologetic look that the girl wore for her best friend.

Dana was as kind as Honey was and would never intentionally hurt someone - but when she was mad it seemed like her true nature slipped away from her and manners seemed to fall behind. It was a good thing, though, that Honey was right behind her with their manners combined.

"Dana are you seriously mad right now?" Honey giggled, quickly linking arms with the girl who halted her steps to wait for Honey to catch up.

"I'm just sad," Dana finally sighed, squeezing Honey's arm, "it's our last year. We don't need to come back here if we don't want to. We don't even have to be a part of the wizarding world if we don't want to - we could just ignore the war and everything going on and stay out of it."

"Yes, we could." Honey nodded, "but we won't. The wizarding world is flawed right now, yes, but it's still ours as much as the muggle world is. I intend to fight for this world, and for muggleborn's."

"Very well put." Honey turned at the familiar voice, beaming at the sight of her close friend - one of her best friends, really - who grinned right back at her with open arms ready for her to run into as well as Dana.

"Why thank you, Mr Simon!" Honey giggled, her arms tightly around the boy, "how has summer treated you."

"Great, yeah. As good as my wonderful parents, oh so wonderful parents would make it," Eli winced, shaking his head with a sad sigh, "that was...sarcasm-"

"We got that, Eli." Honey snorted, eyebrow raised, "that was actually quite insulting that you'd think we wouldn't have gotten that."

"Exactly," Dana piped in, looking up at the boy, "we taught you everything you know, pretty boy!"

"Pretty boy?" he scoffed, earning a giggle from Honey.

"You looked like you needed a compliment," she beamed, "so did your shitty parents give you a hard time then?"

"Yeah. Purebloods, am I right?" he rolled his eyes, stuffing his hands into the denim jacket he kept in his bag with the rest of the muggle clothes he preferred to wear rather than the robes that his parents got him.