♡Chapter Twelve♡

Chapter 12

Honey stayed true to her word. She stood close to seven in the courtyard with a heavy coat falling over her lined with faux fur which proved useful to her ice-cold hands that she had once shoved deep into the pockets. She knew it wasn't exactly wise to wear her Hufflepuff scarf and hat to the game, but the lashing rain seemed like a good enough excuse to keep the garments on and she wouldn't have taken them off if Dana forced her to.

She was freezing. Dana hadn't yet arrived, she had been catching up on homework in the library with Kira who had talked her ear off for hours and almost missed Dinner because of it. She only had half an hour to get to the courtyard in time as she sat down for her food, and she already knew that with the lack of Honey's presence - she would be getting an earful as soon as the girl saw her.

She was right enough to assume as much because when she showed up to the courtyard two minutes after the seven mark passed Honey's watch, the girl was fuming. Dana had a sheepish smile painted across her lips and a dust of pink already swept over her cheeks from the cold that hit her harshly.

"Took you long enough!" Honey exclaimed. Her hand gestures would have matched her anger had she pulled them from her pockets, but she was much too cold. Dana linked her arms with Honey's, pulling her close in order to heat them both up but really, she was trying not to fall on the path.

"I have been out here for almost fifteen minutes!" Honey whined. She knew that she could've gone back inside, but as her watch reached closer to seven she didn't see much point - and as it passed seven, she kept herself busy by planning Dana's murder.

"I know, I know - I'm sorry!" Dana spluttered quickly, squeezing Honey's arm, "I lost track of time. I was in the library with Kira and she wouldn't stop talking!"

"I'll get you back for this," Honey replied quietly. She was focusing all of her energy on seeing. The sun hadn't fully set yet as summer wasn't far behind them, but the rain was making it very hard to see.

Dana had pushed her hair from her face several times as the wind blew around them harshly, and the rain fell in all different places around them - particularly on top of them. She was nonetheless excited to watch the match, hearing the news that the Gryffindor's wouldn't be able to practice without permission from none other than Umbridge sent the fear of God into her.

She was sure she was going to have a heart attack when a fourth year angrily told her the news. She had wanted to play on the team every single year but each try-out, she'd do something completely wrong time after time. She had decided not to try out this year for she didn't want her last year to be remembered as another failure for her terrible lack of quidditch skills.

She had no time to practice. She had fallen in love with the game in her first year, the first thing magical she truly loved - and from then on it was the best part of the year. her flying was average but nothing more, and as much as half-bloods and purebloods could practice during summer...she couldn't.

"Oh god, it's so cold!" Honey whined once more. She was sure there was some spell that could heat them both up and dry them both off in an instant, but her mind was blank for which spell she would have to cast.

The walk to the Quidditch pitch felt longer than it ever had before with the two of them shaking on cold legs clad with thick woolly tights. That didn't help much, though, the wool didn't act much like a defender and instead felt damper than anything.

"You're out of your bloody mind!" grumbled George Weasley. His hair dripped with water droplets as did the rest of him, and Fred stood beside him glumly looking the same. Honey had watched Harry and Ron, the twins brother, hurry off after talking to them.