♡Chapter Nineteen♡

Chapter 19

Honey had become inspired by Cher in the film she had gone to see with Fred just the day previous. She had spent hours with her friends in the library, all there for company looking for a spell to turn her hair straight just like Cher's.

She had tried the potion before, the sleekeazy hair potion but she didn't like the results it gave her and instead she doubled over charms books looking restlessly for something to help her. She loved the look of straight hair, but in the end - she couldn't find anything that would help her situation. Her curls were a part of her regardless and paired with the colour of her hair...she liked it anyway.

She was currently walking through the forest, forbidden to students though she had ventured in many times that she didn't care for such rules. No creatures had ever attempted to harm her, and when she came the first time during her second year...she didn't care all that much if they did harm her.

The pain she felt that year would never be something she could feel again.

The ground of the forest crumpled beneath her feet, twigs snapping and leaves crunching, and she pushed her hair from her face in order to see where she was going better. The forest always seemed so dull, so hazy and quiet - eerie.

She knew why, the creatures residing in the forest brought something haunting but in an odd way that she had felt since she was twelve, it relaxed her. The forest, the trees, the creatures and the quiet sounds of many different species - it was something she had found comfort in.

"Hello, Luna," Honey spoke quietly, catching up to the girl with the bag comfortably resting over her shoulder and her long hair tumbling right down her back. Luna had an easy smile on her lips as she turned and sometimes Honey wished to be more like her, so calm and collected.

The girl never really cared much about other people and Honey could say the same, but the difference was that Honey cared about those she was friends with. Luna did too, of course, but she didn't become as upset as Honey did when anything happened.

"Hi, Honey." The girl's eyes had drifted away from her as she spoke in the gentle voice, practically soothing in Honey's case, "did you have a good summer, I don't think we have talked much."

"It was good, yes. I spent it with my dad mostly." Luna could relate to that, and Honey knew. They had both witnessed something they wished didn't happen, with dark emotions running deep in their veins and they confided in each other in such an unlikely time that Honey was almost like an older sister and had been to a young Luna who ventured stupidly into the forest in search for the beast she had seen that others weirdly couldn't.

Luna was kind to everyone, nice and gentle but she was almost taken by creatures Honey didn't want to remember. Honey had managed to pull her out of harm's way, at just thirteen when Luna was in her first year and the girls had become good friends, a bond unable to be broken because of simple pain.

"Me too. I heard you got detention with Umbridge...very awful - dad doesn't like her." Luna hummed, grabbing a piece of meat and throwing at the Thestrals, tall and black and leathery.

"Don't think I'm all too fond of her either if I'm honest," Honey huffed, leaning against a tree, "how are you doing, Luna. Are you enjoying the DA?"

"Oh, yes!" Luna nodded excitedly, throwing one last piece of meat and soon taking a seat in front of Honey, her legs crossed and her bag just beside her, "Harry is very good at teaching, I think we will learn a lot."

"I think so too," Honey agreed, tucking a stray curl behind her ear, "how has your weekend been?"

"Very good, I spent time with my friend Ginny just yesterday!"