♡Chapter Sixteen♡

Chapter 16

Two weeks.

Two weeks had passed suddenly since Honey and Fred shared the kiss in the empty hall. She had been avoiding him, and she knew that she didn't have to simply because he was avoiding her, too. But any thought of him was forced from her mind and she occupied herself with work and many other things that stopped her mind from going into overdrive.

"Oi, Honey!" It took a moment for her nerves to calm at the sound of that voice - not his voice but almost identical. She turned at the sight of George hurrying after her, shuffling past as many people as he could until he came to a sudden stop in front of her and her eyebrow raised.

"You alright there, George?" she scoffed, hands on her waist, "you look particularly out of breath."

"Because I am!" George grumbled, "I've been following you since the Great Hall. Look I know you're mad at my brother for something, but I still thought we were friends-"

"We are friends, George. I promise, I didn't know!" she blurted out, "and I'm not mad at Fred. I thought you of all people would know what was going on."

"I don't," he sighed, "Fred won't tell me."

Honey wasn't sure she heard him right. It was common knowledge that if one twin knew, the other would too and Honey just figured that would be the same for what happened with her and Fred. She definitely wasn't mad at him, rather the opposite actually and she knew where she stood with him. She also knew that she'd have a hard time keeping herself away from him if she didn't make herself avoid him.

"He didn't tell you?!" Honey repeated, eyes wide in evident shock.

"No, I mean I wanted to ask you but I just didn't know how to bring it up...he hasn't told anyone." George ran a hand through his hair, looking as confused as ever, "oh, Harry wanted me to tell you to be on the seventh floor at eight tonight."

"Odd meeting place, but okay..." Honey snorted, "I'll tell Dana. I thought Fred would have told you what happened, George, I'm not mad at him - and we are definitely friends. We kissed."

"Seriously?!" George exclaimed, a grin spreading over his lips and a glint of mischief back in his eyes, "Merlin, I was wondering when you'd both f- wait...if you kissed then why are you avoiding each other?!"

"Well I don't want something serious until he has met my dad - it's a long story but I owe him that much. Fred said he wants me to meet your parents too, so I'm avoiding him because whenever I see him I just want to...kiss him again." She glared at the grin widening on his lips, "look, you owe me now, I didn't need to tell you but I did!"

"Fine, I'll do anything. Do you want me to help you write love letters?" George scoffed, earning a hard punch on his shoulder from the girl smaller than him. He jumped back suddenly, whining about how that was too far, and she merely flipped him off, "oh come on, Honey, that was funny!"

"I will kill you, George Weasley!" she warned, finger wagging in his face, "I'll even choose one of the many muggle ways to do it - it won't be as quick as the killing curse!"

"Alright, alright - look, Fred is a riot." He shook his head annoyedly, "he's sulking and sad and it's annoying me! you need to fix him, just...don't kiss him or whatever."

Honey couldn't help but laugh, "it's weird for you isn't it?"

"What, my brother fancying you?" he asked, "that parts not weird - I've had to hear about him go on about you for years, you liking him back is what's weird. Didn't think that would happen."

"He's liked me...for years?" Honey repeated. She could feel the butterflies swarming in her stomach, "seriously?"

"Since fourth year...something about being your partner in charms. You'll have to ask him!" George raised his hands in defence, "promise me you'll talk to him!"