♡Chapter Eight♡

Chapter 8

A month of studies pushed Honey into October, the second month of the school year and with every new day, there was another mound of homework having to be complete. It seemed as though the title of seventh year meant also the title 'I want to do homework until I collapse of exhaustion' and part of her wished she had left after her O.W.L.s just to catch a break.

She had fallen asleep in the library surrounded by three potions essays, two for charms and a list of written work for Defence that she absolutely hated. She had heard rumours about detention with Umbridge, something she hadn't fallen subject to thankfully and she never wished to.

She tried to stay as quiet as she could in her class though she had a list of complaints about the women and had dreamed of giving her a piece of her mind. The way she taught wasn't nearly acceptable for seventh years; there was a whole part of the defence N.E.W.T dedicated to practical tasks using a wand, which was something the horrid woman didn't teach them.

Honey wished to scream in her face that they were in the middle of a war but she heard that that was the reason Harry Potter had found himself a week worth of detentions with her. The poor boy couldn't seem to catch a break.

"I don't wanna go!" Eli groaned, pulling on Honey's arm so that she was tight in his embrace and stopping short in the hallway, "please don't make me go in there, I can't take it anymore!"

Honey rolled her eyes, linking her arms with Eli and pulling him with her, "just stay quiet and we'll be fine."

Honey was glad that she had Defence with the Slytherins for the purpose of having Eli there to cope with her. It seemed as though whenever she was paired with the Ravenclaw's, she would watch Kari and Brandi pair themselves together as some sort of unspoken rule of the Ravenclaw's and she'd be beside some boy who threw himself onto the seat beside her as if his life depended on it.

History of Magic was not a good subject, not with some random Ravenclaw boy she forgot the name of breathing heavily beside her as though she was something to be ogled at. She had thought in her head to do something about it, but never thought what - but maybe she could ask the twins for some help, there had been a rumour going around that they were selling practical joke sweets and she could use something to help her.

"I don't want to stay quiet anymore, Honey. We aren't learning a thing-"

"I know that Eli!" she snapped, annoyance clear across her face, "we aren't learning a thing because we have the shittiest teacher in the world, yes that much is very clearly obvious but you heard what happened to Harry-"

Honey's words fell from her train of thought when the slightest and squeakiest cough caught her ears and she slowly turned. Right before her stood Professor Umbridge, toad-like and drowning in pink. Honey wished to any higher power that would listen to have hoped that Umbridge didn't hear what she said, but the look on her face seemed to tell another story.

"I may seem old, Miss Hughes." Honey was more than surprised that the woman knew her name, "but I certainly know what your lingo means, and as far as it goes - it seems as though I am not what you say. The line of teachers this school has had before me don't seem to have taught well enough, as a matter of fact."

Honey already knew she was in a deep amount of trouble, "well, as a matter of fact, it seems as though the Defence standard has gone downhill!"

"Detention, Miss Hughes!" Umbridge shrieked.

"Oh, do you need some lessons on how to perform a decent class?!" Honey bit back, she couldn't seem to stop herself. She already had detention with the horrid women, it couldn't get any worse than that, "maybe if you actually taught us something then we all wouldn't be so worried about failing! It's not only this class, it's the world!