♡Chapter Eighteen♡

Chapter 18

Hogsmeade seemed practically unfamiliar without the students surrounding the shops and busying the streets. They had managed to sneak down to the village under an invisibility charm that Fred did on Honey and she did the same for him.

It was just the two of them.

Dana had become sick all of a sudden and told Honey she couldn't go when she found out that George couldn't go either. It was suspicious, and Honey knew exactly what the girl was doing, but she was rather upset that she wouldn't see the film with the girl who she had been raving about it with.

Dana had called it a date more than once when Honey met her in the Gryffindor common room to get Fred. The girl was rather happy that her plan had worked, and Honey and Fred would finally be alone, but Honey never once mentioned it as a date to Fred, and he hadn't done the same.

She wondered if she should clarify that it was just two...friends having a good time together. It was very clear that she liked him, and he clearly liked her too that much was obvious, but she didn't want to become anything serious without her dad meeting him.

She had sent the man countless letters in the past few weeks since their kiss, spilling out her feelings into a letter similar to what got the two of them together and Scott gave his honest advice on the boy. He wanted to meet him too, Honey didn't need his approval to date - she could date whoever she wanted but knowing the boy his daughter would be spending a lot of time was, was something Scott wanted to put his mind at ease.

He felt a surge of love for Honey, and pride in how he raised her when she told him she wished to wait until Fred met him.

"Are you excited?" asked Honey, entering the Hogsmeade train station. Fred was wearing muggle clothes and looking very good in them in Honey's opinion. She knew he'd have to fit in somehow, muggles didn't exactly go around wearing robes casually - or at all, and so she had to improvise.

She managed to get her dad to send some along, he had sent some for George too that he had gotten in London at a few muggle shops when Honey sent a letter containing clothes from magazines for her two friends, promising to pay him back.

She told Fred she accidentally packed them with her own clothes, though he didn't question it much. He liked what he was wearing. It was simple jeans and a t-shirt as well as converse shoes on his feet and Honey thought he looked good as an honorary muggle, she liked him wearing it.

"I'm very excited," he nodded, a grin on his lips, "I'm mostly excited to spend time with you, though."

She laughed softly, grabbed his arm and pulled him onto the small seat to wait for the train. The small sign said the train would be there in just five minutes that would get them to the town they needed to go to, and she just hoped a viewing of the film she wished to see would be on, knowing it was out a few days ago.

"Fred?" after a minute of silence, her voice rang through the near-empty platform. It was quiet, a mere whisper and she didn't know why she was so nervous to ask.

"Yes?"

"Is this...a date?" she wasn't looking at him, but rather finding her skirt very interesting and caught his hand moving, soon finding hers and lacing their fingers together.

He had smiled at her, smiled at the sound of her voice and how close she was sitting and knew that she would be the death of him - that she managed to affect him in ways he never thought possible. He loved being the joker, he loved his pranks and the duo he had with George, but he knew also that he didn't need to be that with her.

She would never question how he was with her, if he was upset - she would comfort him. If he was quiet, she would do the talking and if he didn't feel like being the joker for even just a minute then she wouldn't mind that.