A new beginning

Wednesday, 6/20/2018, 12:30 am

In a house located on the corner of a street, a teenage girl sits hunched over her computer. This girl is Elena. She sits scrolling through her multiple Spotify playlists, when there's a knock at the door. She ignores it hoping that someone else in the house will answer it. When the knocking continues, she realizes that everyone is asleep by this time. She rolls her eyes, gets up, closes her door and walks downstairs. As she walks closer to the front door, an overwhelming sense of fear and anxiety begins to form in the pit of her stomach. She reaches for the doorknob and stops. She thinks to herself, "What the hell am I doing? Am I just stupid? Who checks their door at 12 something in the morning cause they heard a knock?" She turns away from the door slowly while looking at the door from the corner of her eye. "......Fuck it...", her conscience says as she turns back turns the door. She unlocks it and opens the door, only to find nobody outside. She raises an eyebrow and looks around the front of her yard. "Welp I may have opened the door but I'm not dumb enough to walk outside." , She says to herself as she closes the door and locks it. She walks back to her room a bit uneasy. The uneasiness slowly turns to fear the closer she got to her room. She walks up the stairs and finds the source of her fear.

Her door is open... 

She peeks in her room and sees a figure sitting in her computer chair, scrolling through her Wattpad. She steps into the room quietly, getting closer to the figure. But luck doesn't seem to be on her side, she steps on a creaky board. The figure turns around to face her and she realizes this person looks a lot like her Wattpad profile picture. "Who are you and why are you in my house?", she asks quietly while taking a step forward. The girl raises her hands in surrender and stands up. "Hello, Elena. Allow me to introduce myself...I am LadyRubyPhantomhive but you can call me Ruby." , the girl says. Elena looked at her in suspicion and asked, "How am I supposed to believe that? You still haven't answered my question. How did you get here?" "Well maybe if you had let me finish, you would know already why I'm here." , Ruby sassed. Elena's eyes widened and she starts stuttering. "Anyway as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted" she sends a pointed look towards Elena, "I'm here because I came to talk some sense into you." Ruby sits on the bed and Elena follows, sitting next to her. "Girl, I see you always glancing at your story when you're on Wattpad. You miss it don't you?", Ruby asked. Elena looked away with a frown and nodded. "Then why did you quit?", Ruby asked. Elena sighed and turned her eyes back to Ruby. "I felt like Y/N was becoming exactly what I didn't want her to be. I felt like the story wasn't  moving as smoothly as it used to. It felt rushed and random ideas were thrown in. I lost direction. The idea of Y/N being a goddess was becoming boring to me. It felt like she wasn't really doing anything but capturing hearts and moving on. That's why I stopped the story." , She told her counterpart. Ruby is silent for a moment or two until her eyes light up and she snaps her fingers. "I have an idea!" , she yells out. Elena shushes her because even though they sound the same, she could still get in trouble for yelling late at night. Ruby leans in and starts whispering her idea into Elena's ear. After a little while, Elena smiles with joy and says, "This could work! Ruby, girl, you are amazing!" Ruby smirks and asks, "Are you saying that because we are technically the same person or because I'm actually amazing?" "It's a little bit of both. Thank you so much for the idea, but I think its time for me to head to sleep." Ruby snorts, "Girl I know you just about to sit in that bed on youtube, but I'll go anyways." They wave at each other and Ruby jumps into the computer screen. Elena smiles and shuts down her computer. She hops into bed and watches videos on her phone until she falls asleep.

Wednesday, 6/20/2018, 11:45 am

Elena wakes up and immediately jumps on her computer. She logs into Wattpad and clicks on her discontinued story. After putting a title on the new chapter, she begins to type, looking forward to what her story will bring.

Hey guys! So I came up with this idea last night at 12 am to share some stuff with you. Now first thing, I'm not continuing this story under any circumstance. I thought about rewriting the story but my idea requires creating a whole new story. I wanted to include my readers in this story somehow, so this is the exciting part....I'm having a contest! You all, the readers, will be able to send me a character for the new story. It can be somebody you already submitted to this story or somebody completely new. Of the characters, I will pick five people that I really like and these five people will be my new co-authors of the new story. Now you're probably wondering how is that gonna work. Well once I pick five people, I will ask them for their emails in a private message and I will create a google document so that we can all work on it together. I already have a little bit of the setting in my mind so that you can base your characters off of it.

Main characters: Y/N and her five friends are high school students on the way to graduation. Not all of her friends are girls so I'm gonna need some guy characters. Y/N is 17 years old. All characters are human. This book will revolve around Black Butler.

Name:

Age(has to be around Y/N's age):

Gender:

Description:

Personality:

One or two hobbies:

Character's favorite color:

The contest will end on 6/30/2018! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with! See you guys real soon!

                             Sincerely,

                                                     Elena aka LadyRubyPhantomhive