She... | Kusuo

Requested by Sarcastic_Sushi
*sorry for the long wait
(I hope this is good. I mean it's not angsty but it's not crappy either.)

"I love to sleep...I always have good dreams..."

No matter how many time leaps I make, no matter how many times I try to change the past, I can't get the future I wish for. I realised that I can't save everyone. That fact alone hurts me. Out of all the people, she was the one I couldn't save.

"Will you sing me to sleep, Kusuo?"

I wanted a future with her. I wanted her to be happy alongside me. She used to be so wanderlust. She's free now. She said I gave her freedom.

"I like you, Kusuo. When we're older, I want to marry you!"

Although she was naive as a child, her feelings were as pure as gold. Truly, a child's heart. If I hadn't made it anymore obvious, yes, she's dead. At such a young age, she had a sickness that even I couldn't heal. She's always been happy, even now that she's a spirit. I've barely been happy for long.

"I miss you."

Before she died, she whispered something important to me. This was the one thing I never knew about her, in spite of us being very close, despite the fact that I can read her mind.

"I have a secret power. I can see futures."

She cannot change reality like I do. She can only have visions of multiple futures. She could have changed it, but she didn't. She only accepted the fate that befell her. I didn't want to let her go, but she was the one who let go. Hanging by a thread, she didn't have much time. I held onto her hand, she decided to let go.

My present life is as boring as ever. I wonder if I'd be able to smile and talk properly if she was here. I could just imagine it. Sometimes, I wish her spirit was watching over me. But if she was here...

"Good morning, Kusuo!"

"Hey, Kusuo! Have you done the homework?"

She'd nag me for sure but I wouldn't mind it at all if she would stick around me all day. I wouldn't care less about the others if she were here.

"Kusuo, they're our friends too!"

She's very considerate and friendly. I've never met anyone like her. She was one of a kind, with the most genuine smile I've seen in my whole life. She kept on smiling even though the world around her was disappointing.

"I'm happy to be alive and beside the people I love, one of which is you, Kusuo."

I believe I'm the unhappiest man in the world. That realisation hit me like a meteor. For years, I can't move on. My heart aches at the very memory of her. That day, I cried real tears.

"You never know what Saiki's thinking, huh?"

"My pal's always silent like that..."

I'm sorry, I didn't get to say it.

Y/n, I love you.

"Hey, I'm right here, Kusuo."

The End.

A/N: I know that I want to keep the PSIki Kusuo series alive, but...it ended so suddenly. I read the manga and I kinda didn't expect it but at the same time, I expected it to end that way. Also, I don't ship Saiki x Teruhashi much, but I'm betting that they'd end up together. (*spoiler here) In that one chapter, Saiki called her "undoubtedly beautiful"
I mean can you believe it?!