"You Can't Stop Me"

itsGrapefruit & wasabii_ginger

※ I have no excuse for not updating in a long time
※ I'm back in (hell) school, please end my suffering
※ I'll write another one like this

It was pouring hard that night. Out of all the times, she had to do it on her birthday. Standing over the railing, the girl nonchalantly looks down to the ground below. It's not the tallest building but it should be enough. Just a way out is all she needed. Nothing would make her happier now than jumping into death's arms. And on this special day, she will be her own history. But I wish it wasn't raining.

"Hey! Hey, miss! What are you doing? It's dangerous over there!"

Without looking at whoever had called her, Y/n shouted back, "You can't stop me!"

If someone were to stop her, it's all over. If someone saves her, there's no more escape. Without hesitation, she let herself fall. Finally, she can be free. She closes her eyes, ready to fall into the afterlife. But apparently, fate has other plans. Not feeling the impact of the ground, she gazes up to find the man who had the nerve to save her. It was a bit hard to see, due to the raindrops falling and the dark grey skies above them.

"Let go of me."

"No!"

She immediately knew that it would be pointless to argue with guys like him. A single no is enough. She knows, this one is persistent. But how could a stranger stop her?
The boy had light blue hair and was obviously wearing contacts. He looked like an angel.
Not being able to spit a word out, she was brought back up by the boy.

The girl never actually tried committing suicide before, nor has she ever tried to harm herself. Something was always pulling her back. For five years or so, she never believed that God was stopping her from taking her life. It was something or someone she didn't know. But that was just a little theory.

In the boy's eyes, the girl before him looked awfully miserable. It's like she's been through hell and back. But even though the harsh winds blew, and the rain poured hard on her, the girl in his arms looked very beautiful.

you are my sunshine

I thought I was dead. Unfortunately, I woke up in a place that wasn't purgatory, but someone else's room. Why should I panick? What more could I lose? God, just end me.

"You're finally awake. You've been asleep for almost a whole day."

"Who are you? Where am I?"

The boy introduces himself as Kaidou Shun. Now, it was obvious, this was his house. Y/n looks out the window, seeing the sun starting to set. It was lightly showering too. What a nice view. The sunset always took her breath away. The rain did too. If she chose, Y/n would rather die during a sunset. And in silence, the two watched the sun take its rest.
The silence ended too soon, as Kaidou clears his throat, "So...What's your name?"

"Y/n."

Later, Y/n was forced to stay another night because it became too dark outside. Her stomach growled loudly but she was not the least bit embarrassed. She was hungry, yes...hungry for her death. Though right now, she was too busy staring into space.

"You want food?"

"No."

Y/n slept in the guest room that night. Then she was gone the next morning. Y/n wanted to die so badly, but there's no way she'd jump off a building in broad daylight. She prefers to do it in the evening. Plus, after she got kicked out of her apartment, she can't hang herself. So there she was, on the same rooftop. Indeed, Y/n was desperate to die...but what was stopping her?

"Y/n, don't do this. Not again."

Ahh. Now, it was clear to her. The theory, her theory, was correct. It's him. Kaidou is the force that is stopping her from taking her life. Was he a guardian angel of some sort? If he is, then he's doing a pretty shitty job at it. All he is, is a blue angel that unexpectedly showed up.

"Are you sure I'm not dead yet?"

"No. You're alive and you should stay that way."

'Oh well. I'm just dead inside.'

"I know you are."

"What?"

my angel of the morning

"Okay, I'll tell you the truth."

While they talked on the rooftop, it started raining. As the water slides down her face, so did her tears. She turned around to look at Kaidou for one last time. Her eyes were starting to sting and blur. She blinks multiple times, desperately not wanting to lose sight of her love.

"You can't stop me."

Did she deserve his love? Did she deserve to keep on living for just one stranger? Yes...

"Thank you for setting me free, Shun."

Angel or not, there was no way Kaidou could have saved her that time. It all happened too fast, like a thunderclap in the background. As the rain grew stronger, the echoes in Kaidou's heart grew more silent.

"I wish I was suicide."

"What? Why?"

"So that I can be on your mind."

In another life, maybe they could've been happy. If that's the way fate wants it, then it must be.

"That's...okay, I guess? Well, you tried. Wait, wait, let me give you a better one."

"Okay, go."

"Are you my breath?"

"Why?"

"Because I want to hold you until I die."

The End.

※ UGHH I SWEAR I'LL MAKE A BETTER ONE