Aoibara no Hanataba | Shun

Requested by kisekisefallinlove and Killua-kun4ever
*Thank you for waiting, here's a long-ass one-shot

※ AniNews: Banana Fish is a great fucking anime (but it ain't for kids 12 and below)

[Narration by Saiki Kusuo]

"Bouquet of Blue Roses."

A new manga means new spoilers. Everyone in PK Academy is practically reading it. Well, almost everyone.

"Saiki, you're reading that manga? You too, Nendou?"

"It's nice even though I don't really get it."

The first volume has just been published a week ago. Everyone got hooked on the story. It's a manga full of drama and comedy and excitement. Even though it's romance, there's a little bit of adventure. It first started out as a light novel, but that wasn't published. It turned into a manga instead. I don't know why Kaidou wouldn't read such a masterpiece.

"You should really read it, Shun!"

Even Kuboyasu and Hairo are reading it. Like I said, almost everyone was reading it. There's this one classmate of ours who isn't reading it. She was absent for a week because of some- oh, here she is now.

"Hey, L/n, haven't you read this awesome manga?"

"No."

Nobody knows this, except me, but L/n's mother drew the manga and wrote the light novel under a pen name. I accidentally used psychometry on the manga, and I saw her mother crying whilst trying to draw a certain scene. At least, that's just my guess. I'm not entirely sure.

"What's up with her?"

"Don't know. Hey, what chapter are you in already?"

I wish I could know the story behind this new drama, but I have a manga to read and I don't want any spoilers.

Lunch time...

The school was bustling about, talking about the manga, theories and discussions flying around. I followed L/n to the rooftop, noting that she had the manga in hand. Was she going to throw it?

"Mom...I'm sorry. But I will never read this."

Hm. My guess may be right. But then, on the other hand, why wouldn't Kaidou read it?

'I hate this manga. I hate this story. I already know what's going to happen. The manga is just a remixed version of the original. Argh, I went to throw the manga earlier, but it'll be just a waste of paper if I did that. I left it at a random desk instead.'

I was listening to her actual thoughts. Now I know why she hates the manga. Well, I can't blame her. But I suppose I can blame her for Kaidou's current complaints.

"Why don't you just read it, Shun?"

"I told you, Aren. I'm not into that kind of romance."

I know you don't want to read it because it will give you second-hand embarrassment and it'll make you squeal. Just read it already.

'This manga should not be worthy for someone like I, the Jet-Black Wings!'

As childish as Kaidou may be, he understands the story. He was really into it, albeit he wouldn't admit that. As I said, the manga had some dramatic parts. I've seen some people cry about those, even the guys. Though sometimes, they'd deny it but be crying in the bathroom later. That's just what Kaidou did as well.