Chapter 4

"Holy--"

"RILEY!" Colin snapped as they entered the treehouse. The portal had again, deposited them onto the deck.

Connor helped ease Havolynne onto her cot. He started working healing magic on her wound, whilst Colin had to keep an eye on Nick and Riley.

"Can you PLEASE explain what is going on, and where the heck are we!" Riley said.

"I'll tell you--" Havolynne hissed in pain "When Connor is done."

Colin had to resist the urge of back handing Riley. Stupid turd, making Hav have to talk when she was injured, he thought.

Stupid Turd, Connor agreed jokingly, laughing in their mind link.

Oh shut up and focus on Hav will you? How is she? Colin mind said.

There's three claw marks that the creature left, one deeper than the others. She needs a stronger magic to heal that one, the others... They are okay. Connor replied.

"Move over" Colin said aloud.

Colin went to try to heal the deeper wound. Perhaps his magic would help since he had the Heart of Light?

As soon as Colin's Magic touched the wound, Havolynne screamed in pain

"Havolynne, what, why, what's wrong?" Colin said, quickly removing his hands.

"The Glaerian... It had dark magic. Dark and Light, well they..." Havolynne paused from pain. "The neutral eachother out, but it just hurts... A lot."

"How can we heal you?" Colin asked worried.

"Just bandage it up. I'll try working on it later," Havolynne said and Colin nodded reluctantly.

In few minutes time, Havolynne was all bandaged up, and with Colin's help, she sat upright, ready to teach these two newbies.

"Are you okay?" Riley asked, a little dizzy at the sight of her wound. Maybe he had looked over Connor's shoulder to see what he was doing...

"I'm fine. But you aren't you have unanswered questions I assume," Havolynne spoke.

"Yes!" Riley exclaimed.

"Well, all of you, sit down and I'll tell you what you wish," Havolynne said.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

"What was that at school?" Colin asked.

"A Glaerian. Glaerians are usually kept as pets or assistants, since they are very intelligent creatures. Most Glaerians have masters, for that reason. Their Scale colour differs between different beings, and reflected their Master's magic type, or if wild, their personality. Their scales are tough, though the gaps between them were lethal targets, as well as the neck, under belly, and pits of the legs, so that's how I could kill it." Havolynne explained, as Riley, Nick, Connor and Colin gave her stares of awe.