Chapter 11

Havolynne was up first. 

The morning light was shining through the trees and down onto the campsite, the grass moist from dew and glittering with sun rays. Birds were chirping, and with a skilled eye of a bowsman, she picked up on the sparkle of a protective field starting to decay. The workmanship of the magic was remarkable; something to appreciate and marvel at. 

Riley woke up next, yawning and stretching out (hitting Colin), rolling off his sleeping mat, and rubbing his eyes to adjust to the morning light. 

"Man I sleep so great!" Riley chirped. 

"Yea, well mine was interrupted!" Colin said grumpily. 

"So what's for breakfast?" Riley asked. 

"You're gonna make your own," Havolynne smiled. 

"Wait... what?" Riley asked, as Connor and Nick woke up too. 

"You can make it the original way, by cooking," Havolynne said, "Or like this." With a simple command her Elemental Magic created a plate of pancakes with sprinkles. 

"Wait.. WHAT!?!?!" Riley gawked at the savory pancakes. 

Colin and Connor smirked at eachother and made their own breakfast from Magic... waffles

"What about me?" Nick asked, and after telling Havolynne, she made him a plate of food as well. 

Riley's stomach growled. 

"Hey, this isn't fair! What's going on! I want food..." Riley pouted. 

"This is your first real Magic lesson," Havolynne smiled. "If you want food so badly, then you have to use magic to make it, or we have this wonderful last blackberry right here..." she held up a single remaining fruit. 

"What do I have to do?" 

"You see this?" Havolynne asked as a sparkly light glittered from her finger tips. 'It's Magic. All Elementals possess magic, which is rightfully named Elemental Magic. Close your eyes and imagine the magic flowing through your veins" 

He did as told. 

"Do you feel it?" 

Riley nodded. 

"Now imagine from your veins, the magic is flowing to your hands... your fingers... now imagine it falling from your finger tips and turning into something you really want to eat." 

Havolynne instructed. 

Riley sniffed the air. 

"SAUSAGES!!!" 

In front of him was a plate of warm eggs and sausages, and a pancake. 

"Dude that looks like something from a Denny's menu" Connor commented. 

"Of course he'd yell 'Sausages!'" Colin retorted. 

Riley stuffed his face full, and the rest of the group ate their own food. 

Havolynne grinned. 

"How is it even possible?" Nick spoke up. 

Gosh this boy and his observations. 

"How is what possible?" Colin asked. 

"Riley hasn't even used his Element yet, but he could use his Elemental Magic? How?" Nick pointed out. 

Silence fell amongst them. 

"Honestly, I wasn't sure if it'll work," Havolynne admitted. "But it did so that's all that matters."