Chapter 9

“Havolynne, please wake up,” she heard Colin say and her eyes fluttered open. She realized she was laying on Erion, who cocked its head to the side looking at her, and she felt the worry radiating off the poor creature.

“I’m fine,” Havolynne reassured it, reaching out a hand which Erion nuzzled gratefully.

“Thank goodness you’re okay!” Colin tackled Havolynne into a hug.

“Colin you’re choking her!” Connor scolded.

Colin didn’t hear him.

“Can’t… Breathe…” Havolynne choked out.

“Sorry!” Colin apologized and he heard Riley scoff behind him.

Colin couldn't help but shoot Riley a glare, then turned back to Havolynne, whose heartbeat was quickening and her eyes wide.

"We need to move!" Havolynne exclaimed, getting up and rushing into the tree house, grabbing out 5 bags made of leather and hand stitched.

"Havolynne, what's going on?" Colin tried stopping her.

"We're being hunted," Havolynne stated, as everyone's eyes widened. "I'll tell you more later but now, I need to ask... Nick, Riley, do you want to go with us or would you like me to open a portal back to the Physical World? I need to know now. We have little time, and its going to be dangerous."

"I'm staying with you guys. I still need to learn my element right? So I belong here. Plus, you know, danger is my middle name," Riley winked as Colin glared at him.

"I'll stay to make sure HE stays out of trouble," Nick pointed at Riley.

Havolynne sighed.

She just hoped they wouldn't be liabilities. Or that they wouldn't get hurt...

"Alright, each of you, grab a bag and fill it whatever you need to survive. Riley, Nick, I greatly apologize for not giving you weapons earlier... Pick some out from the weapon wall." Havolynne instructed as she grabbed important scrolls and medicinal herbs to stuff in her pack.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

"Now THIS is an awesome sword," Riley grinned, holding a Nordic styled sword. To Riley, it seemed right. Like a perfect extension of his arm. And the design was something he imagined elves would use... Wait, were there elves in the Magic World?

He had no clue... But the sword brought back old memories, ones of His dad and him and how they used to swordplay with old war relics, at least... Before everything went downhill... anyways, this sword would work.

Havolynne told him to get a backup, in fact she told everyone to.