Chapter 8

Sepia sheets of paper fluttered down from the sky and to the treehouse, and Colin swore he saw someone riding on a big bird in the distance.

When Havolynne snatched the papers and read them, all she had was shock.

She was literally shocked.

The Magic World had newspapers.

Go figure!

Well, actually she had heard of settlements, towns and kingdoms within this alternate world of magic, and since they were inhabited by people, there surely were newspapers.

But such settlements were far away from where the treehouse stood. Unless it was sent to every inhabitant of the Magic World... It was important. Very.

Scanning through the Elemental Static Paper (yes that was what it was called) Havolynne tried to keep a neutral façade, especially with Colin looking directly at her trying to look for signs of worry or stress.

Gosh he could be annoyingly observant at times, Havolynne thought.

Though keeping up the façade was hard. For there were many blows to every Elemental in the paper.

"The Dark King Reigns Without Mercy!" the first caption said, making Havolynne freeze. She thought of the Glaerian, and Erion... Sent to kill... She glanced at Erion, whose head was still laying on her lap, resting. She shook the thought and continued reading.

"True Heart of Dark Identity Revealed After Death!" The next caption said and the façade faltered. Havolynne couldn't hide the sadness in reading Charles's obituary... They even mentioned his plan to destroy the Physical World...

"Hav? Are you okay?" Colin asked and Erion looked up at her.

"What does it say?" Connor questioned.

Havolynne ignored them and continued reading. There were articles about town market prices increasing and also...

"Monster Attacks On The Rise! Everyone On Edge!" Havolynne definitely figured that, thinking again back to the Glaerian and Erion. Though why would monster attacks rise, and everywhere too. The year before creatures rarely exposed themselves, now they were attacking. Frequently.

Havolynne kept reading, her eyes and mind searching for more information and knowledge.  Just as she got to the last page, a caption on the bottom caught her attention.

Rumours...

"New Rumours say the Elemaster has Returned!"

Havolynne froze.

"Hav?" Colin asked again, more worriedly.