H.P- Part 21.

I watched her petite body lay there, still, yet beautiful as always. Her chest rising and falling peacefully as her long, black eyelashes rested on her high cheekbones. Her small hands, placed onto her stomach in the most delicate and pretty way possible. Even resting, she was beautiful. Her once full, red luscious lips had lost their colour and were now a deeper purple. Her hair was changed, once flowing light, blond hair, was cut short and dyed black. Although she missed a streak, it wasn't particularly visible. But it stood out. Bruises filled her beautiful face, neck, ears and entire body, especially stomach. She had been mentally, physically and emotionally abused.

I slight sqeak of the door opening, snapped me out of my reverie, making me look at the intruder.

"Mr. Marcano, I'll be doing a check up now. Her injuries should be visible by now, and at the end of the procedure, I'll inform you of everything," the doctor informed me, stepping to her side.

He looked at me intently, making me raise a eyebrow.

"What?"

"I need you to leave," he said quickly, noticing how uncomfortable I was.

"No" i said sternly and my voice filled with dominance and authority, even making the doctor jump back slightly.

"Thomas, listen to him. Just for a few minutes, if you want Micky to be healthy, you need to let the doc do his job man. And you haven't eaten. How does Pizza sound?" Angelo said, trying to lighten up the mood, but it didn't work.

"C'mon Thomas," he sighed gesturing for the door. I sighed and got up from the bed, glaring at the doctor.

"5 minutes," i said through gritted teeth.

"That may be too-"

"5. MINUTES." I growled out, the doctor nodding his head verociosly. I gave him a curt nod and left, gently closing the door behind me, afraid to wake up my love.

"Dude, you gotta eat" Angelo begged but i didn't comply. I wasn't hungry.

"C'mon Thomas, please?"

"Fuck off" i said nonchalantly as i sat myself down onto one of the armchairs and sighed, closing my eyes.

"Thomas, this isnt your fault. I hope you know that"

"Of course its my bladdy fault! If i hadn't left that day to save your fuckin' ass, she would've been okay. If i hadn't left her side, I was suppose to be the one to protect her. To be there for her, instead, I let her slip through my fingers. Even knowing that asshole is dead, I still feel like I should've done more. This doesn't feel like its over, i know it's not over. I hadn't told her I loved her enough, i hadn't complimented her enough, I hadn't spoilt her enough. Told her how beautiful she was... She was so beautiful, even lying there, unmoving, she had still managed to look amazing," I sighed closing my eyes for a split second and then opening them again. I fisted my hands and gritted my teeth.

This was my fault.

Entirely my fault.

"It's not your fault man. He had been plotting to get to her for a long time. Imagine if you hadn't stepped in, she could have been dead. But you saved her, and if she knew that, she would be entirely grateful and love you unconditionally"

I sighed again, registering his words carefully until the doctor interrupted me out of my painful reverie.

"Mr. Marcano, a word?"

I got up hurriedly, making my way towards the room she ly in. She looked so peaceful.

"Sir, I have some good news and bad news" he informed me and i nodded, motioning for him to procede while holding her small, cold hand in between my bigger and warm ones.

"So, ms. Johnson is recovering remarkably fast after all her injuries. She will be alright and we'll dismiss her earlier than a normal patient"

"The bad news?" I asked tilting my head slightly. I was ecstatic that my baby was fighting, she was strong. I had known since the beginning that she would fight for her life. She couldn't leave me. Although i had said this many times, I loved her and always will. She will forever be mine, despite our petty differences we had. Mikayla was my everything, my best friend, my love, my world, my universe and so much more. I couldn't have asked for a better woman than her. She was remarkably strong for a lady that has gone through many hardships like herself. Other would have given up a long time ago, killed themselves, or get themselves killed, but no. Mikayla held on, for God knows how long.

The doctor hesitated and contemplated whether he should tell me or not.

Was it that bad?

"The bad news doc?!" I growled at him and he jumped back slightly, shocked at my outcome and menace.

He sighed and finally spoke,

"You lost the baby"

~~~~