H.P- Part 32.

MIKAYLA_

"They got rid of me," He whispered and my heart clenched. I felt his pain and its like daggers being plummeted one by one into my heart.

"H-how?" My voice broke down almost, but i managed to get a hold of it.

"I joined this gang, called the breakers. I dont ever regret joining them, because now... I run it," he almost smiled, "This empire i built, the mafia that you call us, this were the breakers. My parents found out and i guess thats all it took for them to let loose. They called CPS and I had to live with people who spat in my face, literally, people who gave me food twice a day, water once a day, and I would sleep with 6 other children in the same room," he began sobbing softly and I couldn't help my tears too.

"I found a way out though, I escaped one day when no-one suspected it, during assembly. They called everyone into a meeting, but i went through the backdoor and stole a car, making my way back to the gang. They took care of me, fed me, helped me and loved me, and I'll never be able to repay them. But one day when I was on a drug call, I had to get the money from this guy who owed us alot of money, and i did.  After he bailed on me of course, he called the cops and they caught me red handed with the bag and money."

His jaw was clenched and his so were his fists, "By the time I was arrested, I had just turned 17. So they couldn't keep me very long. I stayed in a cold, lonely, dark cell for 6 months, until they decided to let me go. And when they did, they sent me straight to a new home. Only this one was worse than anything I had ever experienced. I was forced to sleep on the ground, forced to scrub shitpots, forced to fuck innocent girls that didn't even deserve it. When i didn't want to obey, they would whip me. So of course, having no other option, I abyed by the rules, they tortured me, Mikayla. They literally almost killed me, but i was strong enough to survive it all, and by the time i was 18, they set me free."

My grip had tightened around him and I was sobbing softly. I got up from my crouching position and moved to go sit next to him on the couch, wrapping my arms around his huge figure, his hand lifted and grabbed my arm, rubbing my forearm reassuringly as he continued.

"From there, I was on my own. Of course i went back to the gang, but by the time i did, they had new recruits. Recruits that didn't like me one bit, that being an understatement," His tone went higher, as he almost began shouting and growling, "They abused me every chance they got! But i was stronger than what they thought i was, I didn't back down, no, I stood my ground and nearly killed half of them. The other half escaped, left the gang, or stayed and apologized. My promise to those who got away unharmed was that I don't fucking care how long it took for me to find them, but i will. And when i do, ill kill all of them, slowly and painfully, like they did to me. I'll hunt them down, hunt down their families, kill EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! EVEN IF IT MEANT FOR ME TO TAKE MY LIFE IN THE PROCESS!" He yelled as he slammed his fists hard down onto the wooden table that broke at the impact.

I didn't know this, how was i to when i never even asked him about his life before. All i did was focus on my selfish self before I had the balls to find out more about him. That's the sad part, I didn't even ask him. What it took for me to finally notice him, to finally take an interest in his past life, was for him to cry and have nightmares in his sleep. I knew i was a bad person, but I never thought of myself any lower than what i do now. I feel horrible. His my husband and after being married to him for nearly a year, I still didn't bother to ask him about his life before he met me.

Not even hitting him with the 'hey, I'm mikayla Johnson, wanna tell me about your shit life before this? I sure would like to know.'

The guilt had been eating me alive, and no matter how hard i tried ignoring it, I couldn't bring myself to.

"I'm, I'm so-"

"Don't," he growled cutting me off. Was he angry at me? not that I blamed him, he had every right to to hate me right now. "I dont want anyone pity party right now," he sighed placing his big callosed hand onto the small of my back before getting up, "I'm not angry at you Mikayla, I told no-one about this before. It's my fault you dont know, so please, just leave me be for a few minutes."

He sighed and looked away, walking back to his room. Not sparing me another glance. I wanted to follow him, hug him and just hold him until he feels better, but i knew better. Everyone deals with things in their own way, and if space is what my husband needs..

Space is what he'll get.

_______