"Messi Centric"

So.... I didn't get to watch the Argentina/Croatia match today but I heard some of the stuff that went on.

So we've seen Argentina draw against Iceland and lose against Croatia. I know it's only two matches in, but this can be fatal.

Everyone saw Argentina as a big team, a team that was seen to contend for the World Cup.

That could have happened if Argentina set themselves up to not rely on Messi so much.

I get it, many people see Messi as the GOAT of Argentina (unless you're Nina ofc). I respect him, but he should not be expected to carry the NT.

There are plenty of other talented players on the NT.

Some of them include:

Sergio Agüero
Paulo Dybala
Angel Di Maria
Gonzalo Higuaín

Etc etc etc

Why can't they utilize those players more? Why can't Dybala get more playing time? All of them are incredible. Agüero is the all time leading goal scorer for Manchester City! Why can't he take penalties?

It shouldn't have to be this way.

I'm not saying this because I love Agüero a lot and I'm a Madridista.

I'm just saying that if they worked as a team, they'd get somewhere.

Why are Germany, Brazil, Spain, and now Belgium pretty scary?

Because they rely on multiple players instead of one.

I can make a strong case about this with club too, but I'm just leaving it to the World Cup.

Thoughts?