ICC 2018 || MCFC vs. BVB

Hola hermanas!

So I spent my 19th birthday at a fake football stadium to see a real football match.

I saw my children once again aka the greatest team in England!

Most of our star players are currently on holiday, since a lot of them were at the World Cup. We had a lot of academy players in the line up, but I find that good because Pep is allowing them to get experience before the season starts.

However, I did get to see Phil Foden, Brahim Diaz, the greatest German player (IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN), Oleksandr Zinchenko, Riyad Mahrez, and JOE FREAKING HART.

I was honestly way more excited to see Phil & Brahim play than who everyone else was excited to see, aka Christian Pulisic. SORRY I DON'T CARE ABOUT USMNT THAT MUCH DON'T @ ME. I do respect Pulisic as a player and admire him, but EH I love my City boys more.

GAAAH so I was really happy to see Joe play in a City shirt again, even though he only played in the second half. I would much rather have him as our backup goalkeeper, because Bravo is total shit.

Yeah so Bravo started the match and played the first half. We conceded a penalty in the first half bc Oleksandr tripped Pulisic in the box.

The cool thing was getting to see Mario Götze get to take that penalty! Poor guy getting left off Germany's squad this year. Perhaps it was the curse of Leroy Sané and Mario Götze that made Germany get knocked out so early 🤔🤔🤔

Alright, so yeah Bravo couldn't save that penalty for shit. Joe Hart would have saved that. Tbh gonna bring back that saying!

I feel like Phil had a couple of chances, which made me happy, but honestly BVB was the better team throughout the match. I'm not going to be made because we lost to them when most of our best players are gone right now. Plus, I do respect BVB.

Ffs though BVB were playing a bit dirty. Mahrez got fouled a few times (made me mad cuz it's his first match). Lucas Nmecha (our best academy player besides Phil & Brahim) was down on the ground for a bit. Meh but whatever 🤷🏼‍♀️

Let me tell you, the atmosphere at this match was DEAD AF compared to when I saw City at Southampton, despite it being two big teams playing instead a big team playing a small team. It was so much more quiet, except when something big happened, such as Götze's goal. There really wasn't much of the singing you would hear, except a little bit coming from the City supporter's section. I'm pretty sure I was the loud one in the section I was sitting in. But everyone started cheering when Leroy got subbed on. I stood up and started screaming bc he's probably my 2nd or 3rd favourite City player (I can't decide between him or David Silva bc we all know who my fave is).

OH GOD I DIDN'T GET A PICTURE OF THIS BUT SOMEONE BROUGHT A WENGER OUT SIGN TO THE MATCH. I WAS CRYING FROM LAUGHING SO MUCH.

So yeah, we did lose, but I enjoyed the match. It was very entertaining to say the least!

I'll just spam with pics now! Note that I was up on the second level on the stadium so they won't be that great.