Premier League Refereeing: A New Tragedy

So the next discussion on my agenda is proof that the Premier League refereeing is becoming fixed and VAR should be introduced to the league!

I actually cannot believe that the CEO of the league admitted that he wants the refs to be against City. It's completely disgusting and will give the league a bad look!

 It's completely disgusting and will give the league a bad look!

Football should be about fair play. I'm not just saying this because I support City, but I say this because clear referee bias is complete bullshit! No team should be advantaged or disadvantaged because the league wants someone to win. Who wins the league should solely be based on how the teams play each other with FAIR calls. FAIR CALLS.

This never would have happened during Fergie Era Man United when they were constantly winning the league. So the league is just sick of beautiful football? It seems like it. Pep has created something special with City.

City have not won a game when Martin Atkinson has been the ref since March of 2017. Atkinson is a prime example of why there were no English refs in the World Cup. He is terrible at his job.

Let's look at some examples:

Manchester Derby April 2018:
Should have been a red card for Ashley Young
A penalty for City

The match at Wolverhampton today:
Handball right before Wolverhampton's goal
No card given for the foul on Ederson in the first half
Again, a penalty should have been given to City.

Now, I'm not blaming City's failures in these matches solely on Atkinson, because City did look very sluggish against Wolves (I can admit when my team doesn't play well). However, there have been clear signs of favouritism against City.

What this allows is for more players to get away with dangerous challenges on other players. I'm using City as an example, because this was already a problem last season with dangerous tackles not being carded properly or carded at all. Kevin could have been injured two times last season (Crystal Palace and Tottenham). Gabriel Jesus was injured against Crystal Palace by a dangerous tackle. Not to forget Leroy's injury against Cardiff in our domestic cup runs. How about Antonio Valencia's challenge against the Newcastle player last season (I forgot who it was)? He didn't get a red, but Mane did a similar challenge to Ederson earlier in the season and got a red (I'm actually shocked that that occurred)

The players need to be protected. City can not afford another injury with Kevin being out and Claudio Bravo out as well. Who knows, this could carry into the rest of the league and more players would be at risk!

Also, let's see how much shit Liverpool gets away with! Most likely, they will be given offside goals and get penalties when Mo starts diving again (like against Palace smh)

I am truly disgusted with the league right now. If they want the title race to be closer, then other teams need to step up their game and challenge City more instead of bullshit calls made and calls that should be made be disregarded.

I will not stand for unfair football.