Özil, Karius, a few things

Well, there's been a lot going on in the football world recently. It's the ICC currently and the Premier League is going to be back in 2 weeks! YAY!

However, I would like to address a few things. I am very opinionated, if you haven't already figured out, and I liked to speak my mind.

First of all, I side with Mesut. The situation is controversial. However, why can't we live in a world where people can be accepted for being proud of where they come from? It's not just a problem in Germany, it is an issue all around Europe and in the United States.

Most immigrant families want to adapt to the culture of the country they move to while still regarding where they came from. Mesut stated that he saw himself as a German and a Turk. Why can't he be allowed to be a part of both cultures? He clearly had love and respect for Germany if he chose to represent DFB for a long time, but he seemed to have lost that with the treatment he got after taking that picture with the Turkish president.

I do believe, however, if he would have addressed the meeting between him and the president as nonpolitical earlier, then he would have gotten a lot less criticism. Who knows though. Turks have had a lot of trouble integrating into German society for awhile now. It's sad to me. No one can be seen as diverse without getting criticized.

I am not going to go too much into detail, because there have probably been a million rants about Mesut's situation already. I just want to say that he deserves way better.

DFB seems to have caused a lot of shit lately, so this is what they get.

___

I'm going to move onto another German!

Yes, I do hate Liverpool with a burning passion, but for fuck's sake, can we please give Karius a break?

I feel so bad for Loris because of the shit that has been circulating around him.

I think it's completely ridiculous that Liverpool had to sign Alisson because of one damn match! Goalkeepers have shitty matches sometimes! It was Loris's first UCL final too. He's young and has so much time to improve. I feel like Klopp just doesn't appreciate him enough for coming in when Mignolet wasn't doing so hot. He ended up being an amazing starting GK for Liverpool. He made some incredible saves this past season.

But what happened?

One match made everyone hate him. Right away, Liverpool supporters started bringing him down. He was made into a meme. I thought it was funny at first, but it got ridiculous after awhile. Yes, he made mistakes against Dortmund recently too. So what? It's preseason. Liverpool supporters still had to bash him for it. Why can't they just stand behind him? Oh wait, they're Liverpool supporters. Most of them are problematic as hell.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave Liverpool. He deserves to go to a club where he is respected and loved for the good days and is still stood behind when he has a bad match.

Thank god for Iker though. I was so happy when he stood up for Loris by posting that compilation of his laughable mistakes. It showed that even the best make silly mistakes. We're all only human, so its understandable!

Honestly, just fuck Liverpool (except for Ben). Loris shouldn't have to put up with this bullshit.

___

Okay, so I absolutely love John Stones and Harry Maguire's friendship. They are so cute. It's my bromance guys.

I'm just gonna spam with pics of them ☺️