Comfort

I got up after a long while. Walking out, I saw Jack, staring at something in his hand. He suddenly shoved into my chest.

"You know exactly what this is, Blake. Keep it. Please."

I looked down to see what looked like half of a pair of crossed guns. Looking at Jack's neck, I noticed the other half, or what I thought was the other half. Pressing them together, I saw I was correct and noticed a hand-made engraving that crossed onto my piece, reading "BFFS!"

I gasped. "Jack, r-really?!"

He nodded. "Really. Please. It feels just... wrong having both halves."

I suddenly hugged him. "I'm really sorry Jack. So sorry for asking about that scar on the second day here. How'd you meet Sam?"

"He was my child hood friend. We were together when our home planet burnt under the IMC's cruel reign. We were lucky to stumble across the Militia as early as we did. We joined on the spot and were the many to witness the destruction of our home planet."

I hugged him tighter. "You have no home?"

He hugged me back. "I do. Harmony, the planet Captain Tai Lastimosa came from. And the Militia's home planet."

I sniffled, then smiled a tear-stricken smile. "I'm happy to hear that."

We walked in and the first thing everyone noticed was me hugging Jack. Yang narrowed her eyes.

"Did you get him outta guilt?"

He shook his head. "Nope. She earned me back when you cheated, Pyyrah."

Everyone looked at her. "What? When?"

I smiled. "Second day here."

The entirety of JNPR face-palmed. "Right. That night."

Ruby, the poor naïve girl, looked at Jaune. "What are you talking about?"

"It was when I dared Titanium to pit on her 'kitty-kitty' loadout."

"OOOOOH. THAT TRUTH OR DARE GAME!!! How'd Pyyrah cheat?"

"Metal bottle."

The entire room became a huge cloud of dust, limbs, pillows, and one very lost Jaune. Jack and I slipped away to the garage and we sat down on the bed, me in Jack's lap.

"Hey, Jack?"

"Yeah, Blake?" He kissed me.

I giggled, then looked up at his brown eyes. "Can you train me to become a Pilot?"

He shrugged. "I can only teach you half of being a Pilot. We don't have the right stuff to train you in Titan combat."

"Can't we use Titanium?"

"Nope. She doesn't have a motion capture system like most Titans out there cuz she's a Vanguard."

I frowned. "Awwww.... Fiiine."

Jack ran a hand through my straight black hair. "But tonight, let's rest up for that field trip to the Forest."

I suddenly got up and walked over to a sleeping Titanium. "How 'bout we kick off my Pilot training by learning how to sleep in a Titan?" I batted my eyes at him.

He chuckled and walked over, getting Titanium to open up. He stood off ti the side and guestured fir me to sit down in the Pilot's chair.

"You're learning, so you get to sit in the chair." He snickered.

I smiled at sat down, goggling when he managed to sit next to me. Swiftly, we both fell asleep, clutching each other.