The Beacon

I was standing on the bridge of the Militia ship Truth or Death when a beeping filled the room.

"L.T! The hell is that?"

"It's a recovery beacon ma'am, for a Vanguard-class Titan. SRS, too. Pilot vitals are being reported as elevated and data core is online, but severe crash damage is being reported throughout the frame. And it is reporting hundreds of hostile are swarming its location."

I looked at him. "Do we have a file on the Pilot?"

He searched the data stream. "Yes, ma'am. Pilot Jack."

I looked at him. "How can Jack be here and on Harmony at the same time?!?"

"It's not Cooper, ma'am. It's Auburn."

My eyes widened. He's here?!?!?

"Prep every Titan for Titanfall! We're saving his sorry ass!"

"Understood, ma'am. All Titans are ready for Titanfall."

I'm coming for you, brother.

--------------------------------

I pounded on Titanium's screen. "Titanium! Speak to me, girl!"

I got no response. As I began to cry, oxygen ever so slowly depleting, there was a quiet hiss outside, then a loud pop as my ears were forced to adjust to a rapid change in air pressure. Looking up, I saw a Titan holding open Titanium's chassis.

"We're not letting you die today, Captain!"

I climbed out and gazed up at the blue sky, my eyes widening. Streaks of fire were coming down from the heavens and suddenly, the fire vanished revealing the one thing I never expected to see on Remnant. Falling Titans and they were falling from orbit.

"Hey! You act like you haven't seen a Titanfall before! Get a move on, brother!" A dark-skinned Pilot ran past me.

I shook my head, then began to wall run and shoot, taking note of the fact that Titanium had gotten a new frame. But, when I noticed Blake laying on the ground in a pool of her own blood and a Deathstalker hovering over her, I reached my breaking point.

My body glowed grey and a weapon slowly formed in my hand. This weapon was a flaming fucking hammer and I threw it at the creature of Grimm, causing it to die instantly. Rushing over to Blake, I saw her wound and put both hands over her gut.

"Stick with me, Blake! Just stick with me!"

She managed to look into my eyes. "My arm......"

I looked slightly up to see her arm pinned under a massive chunk of rubble. I cursed out of shock.

"I can't feel it..."

I looked back down at her. "Stick with me, Blake!"

Every Titan was busy grappling with Grimm, so Blake's arm was continuing to get crushed. I natuarlly began to panic, but suddenly, Glynda Goodwitch came just in time. Thank what ever gods out there for her arrival!!! She lifted the rubble off of Blake and I looked around to see the mini war come to a close.

The police sprinted in, looking for Roman. One came over to Blake and I. "Sir! Have you seen Roman Torchwick??"

I let out a puff of air. "Yeah. I took matters into my own hands."

There was an evident spark in the officer's eyes. "Really?!? Where is he???"

I looked at my blood stained hands, Roman's dried blood mixed with Blake's drying. "In the ground."

The officer was clearly confused. "I'm sorry, what?"

"That bastard murdered hundreds of families as a criminal, and nine billion times that as an IMC Pilot. One of those families was mine. I would have cut him up badly, but keep him alive if he didn't reveal he was the bastard who murdered my family with a crowbar..."